An introduction to The Lady, From Kade.

Hi.

It's Kade Kendal here.

I'm a young American App Designer, married, living and working in Central London.

Of course, I'm aware many of you know of me, from our back-story: The Surgeon and The Twins. But that's exactly what those narratives are now, 'back' story.

Our story from now on is all about leaving the past behind and moving forwards. Which is why we've agreed to open it up.

By that, I mean Tan and I are going to share the writing of this blog/book; it will be a team effort, with alternate chapters from both of us. We think it's important that you get a sense of living and working in this awesome city from two perspectives: his and hers.

I'll give you an example of how a situation can be perceived in two different ways. When Tan met me after my first day at work, it was off the scale. London working people get blasted after their working week.

That night there was a girl, Chloe, who was checking both Tan and I out. Tan assumed she was giving her the once over, in the comparative sense, because she was into me. And initially I thought the same, until the evening continued and the truth cruised over me: I believe Chloe was checking us both out in the same way.

But Tan still doesn't see that, she firmly believes Chloe's into me, and doesn't buy my bisexual theory. See, so it will be good to get both our takes on people and situations in the upcoming blog/book.

Right, back to business. You will notice one thing missing from my chapters; a stylistic inclusion of Tan's writing that became characters in their own right: The Dots.

Tan uses them as a device to indicate a lapse in time, and they work. But I kinda want to stamp my own style on my chapters. And besides, I have my own dots: six perfectly round, tiny little birthmarks dotted around my body. They freaked me out as a kid, but then mom told me to see them like Harry Potter's lightening scar, a sign that I was different and special. That worked. Now I embrace my dots, they're part of what makes me, me.

I agree with my sister Kelly, who says, "The parts of yourself you don't like, are the parts that make you Bomb-Dot-Com."

Kelly and Troy are going from strength to strength. Although I will admit to a little (friendly) rivalry between Troy and I, I guess it's just a guy thing.

I also want to share something awesome with you about our life right now. Something so incredible you're going to find it hard to believe.

Are you ready?

Right.

Here goes – right now our life is ORDINARY!

BORING, even (except our, erm, how do I say this respectfully? Let's put it this way, life in our bedroom is far from boring.) I guess those words in parenthesis require a 'winking emoji' but no, they'll be no such thing in our book, we've agreed to ban them.

Tan and I have actually had a whole week wherein nothing ugly happened. I went to work, came home, cooked a meal, and ate it with the others. I nursed baby Belinda, put her to bed, then Tan and I curled up on the sofa and watched a movie together. Then we went to: wink, wink!

The highlight of our day is figuring out what to have for dinner (that's a little white lie, the real highlights are: wink, wink.)

But seriously, relaxing is as Rock & Roll as our lives get right now. And long may it continue.

So, a few words about how Tan and I intend to write this blog/book. Tan is incredibly disciplined; she writes in the evenings, transcribing events while they're still raw and fresh in her mind (the reason there were so many clff-hangers is because we were literally left hanging over cliffs in real time).