The Surgeon Sequel - The Twins: Part 19

"You'll all pay for this," says Twin:2, staring mournfully at her sister's corpse, which is kneeling slumped, her coal black hair soaking up the blood as it continues to pool from the head wound.

Realizing I still have the listening/watching device on my shoulder, I rip it off and stamp on it. Hearing the crunch, Twin:2 turns to me, “Don’t worry, our leader has seen enough to react accordingly,” she says, with an evil chuckle that chills me to the bone.

Clearly, her period of mourning for her sister isn't a priority.

“Do you have any sedative Disabling Devices, Troy? We need to put her out and shut her up,” asks Kade. On hearing his voice, she makes a swift about turn, “Shut me up! Whatever for, darling boy? Are you frightened I might share a few secrets.” She turns to me, “The dot’s are so cute, aren’t they?” she asks, wrinkling up her nose to make that cute gesture face.

Troy, not taking his eye or aim off Twin:2, answers, “In the side pocket, they’re extra strength, they could floor a horse.”

My heart aches when I realize what Twin:2 is inferring. Kade has a few dot like birthmarks that only someone who has been intimate with him would know about.

Kade looks at me intently as he takes out a Disabling Device, “Tan and I have no secrets, we tell each other everything, you won’t break us,” he says, aiming the device at her and firing.

The needle embeds itself in her inner thigh and she almost immediately begins to wobble on her feet, “You people cannot win. Our revenge will be radical,” she manages to say, before she becomes seriously unsteady.

Kade rushes toward her and catches her before she smacks to the ground.

Seeing Kade’s strong arms embraced tightly around her limp body alarms me. The caring way in which he lays her on the floor arouses a foreign emotion in me, one I have little or no experience of – I think it might be jealousy.

Troy throws over some PlastiCuffs, which Kade catches.

I think I see tenderness in the way he gently cuffs her hands.

At least I think I do? I could be misreading the situation. My head’s being messed with and I push any more such thoughts to the back of my mind.

……

Kade looks at me, “Tan, come help me lay-out and cover her corpse. I know she was evil, but we have to give her some dignity in death,” he says, with an empathy that I would expect from him.

“NO! Leave her as she is. It’s action time folks. We need to go get Kelly, then get out of here fast!” Says Troy, turning toward the door at the back of the room.

Kade looks slightly pissed as he grabs more Disabling Devices from Troy’s pack, “Hey buddy, how’d you know we were in trouble?” He asks, handing me a bunch of the devices. “Your suits had tracking/watching devices built in; your mum couldn’t let you travel to this hell un-supervised,” he says, grabbing the door handle. Kade grabs his shoulder, “Ok, so I guess I’m grateful, but at the same time I’m kinda pissed, I mean that equates to a betrayal of trust,” he says, hurt showing on his face.

Troy looks back at me and holds my eye contact, “Betrayal – we’ll talk about that when we’re back on safer territory. Now is not the time,” he says, pulling the door open.

……

We enter into a second bedroom. I note the bed is messed up and Kade’s clothes are scattered haphazardly on the floor. “Let me get dressed, I won’t be best optimized for action dressed in a bathrobe,” he says, turning his back on us and dropping the robe.