The lake

17.

"Shhh, dont make too much noise," Your best friend, Niall, whispered to you.

"Niall, are you sure about this? Where are we going anyways? What if my parents wake up? Oh my.." Before you could finish, Niall's finger is on your lips, nicely telling you to shut up.

"(Y/N), dont worry, were just going to the lake," He finally told you where you guys were going.

You smiled and nodded, remembering how much you and Niall used to go as kids.

When you and Niall are finally out of your house, you end up on his back with your arms around his neck while he carries you to the lake.

The thought about being outside in the dark made you shiver.

"Im here with you. You're safe," Niall tells you as if he was reading your mind.

You relax a little and soon Niall puts you down. You look at the lake as the moon reflects on it, then at Niall's shinng eyes as he grins at you.

"Wanna go in?" He asks.

"Are you crazy!?" You reply.

"Aw cmon. You gotta let loose (Y/N)!" He smiled, giving you that cheeky grin he always did when he knew he was going to get his way.

"I can let loose.. It's just I choose not to," You say, defending yourself.

"Okay, then lets go." He smiled and started to take off his tanktop.

Your eyes widen at the great view.

"Fine," You sigh, finally giving in and slowly taking off your shirt.

He blushes as he looks at you and then you both take off your pants. He grabs your hand and you both run for the water. When you both feel the cold water and scream.

"I-its freezing!!" You yell shivering.

"But this feels nice. Especially being here with you," He replied, his voice a little shaky due to the immediate temperature drop.

"I can say the same," You smile.

Niall gets closer to you until he wraps his arms around you.

Your heart beats uncontrolably and buterflies form in your stomach. You wrap your arms around his neck and feel his bare chest against yours.

He kisses the tip of your nose and places his forehead against yours.

Looking into your eyes, he says, " I'm in love with you. I've always loved you."

His lips then finally collide with yours.

When he lets go, you smile," I love you too."

// edited //