"Goodnight princess" - A Personal Niall

“Ilse!” I yelled from downstairs, wanting my girlfriend to come cuddle with me. Next week she’d have exams and she had been studying the whole day, and now I just wanted her to cuddle with me on the couch, watching movies and eating icecreams. I already made myself comfortable on the couch, burying my face into a soft pillow. I crossed my arms in front of my chest as I listened if I could hear Ilse coming downstairs, but I didn’t hear anything. I sat up as I yelled her name, but no answer. 

Immediately panic flew through my whole body as I threw the blanket off my body. I ran towards the stairs as I repeated her name again. I almost stumbled as I ran up the stairs before pushing our bedroom door open, there I saw her.

She was bent over her desk, books lay everywhere as her long hair fell over her shoulders. Her forearms were crossed over eachother as her head rested on them. I walked up to her with a grin spread across my face. I crouched down and lay my hand on her back. I saw her eyes were closed, her dark eyelashes resting on the top of her pink cheeks.

“Ilse,” I whispered while shaking her a little bit, but she didn’t feel it. “Ilse!” I whispered again, but now louder as I shaked her harder. I saw her eyes squeezing as she let out a groan. “Princess,” I said before she opened her eyes. “You fell asleep.” I spoke just above a whisper. She closed her eyes again for a second as I wrapped my arm under her back and my other arm under her legs. I lifted her up and kissed her forehead. She buried her face into my chest. “Do you wanna sleep or watch movies?” I asked, hoping she’d choose the last option, but she looked so tired, that I actually didn’t mind if she wanted to sleep. Her eyes opened again as she looked up to me. “Watch movies.” She whispered. I frowned my eyebrows, “Are you sure?” She nodded so I just took her with me to the living room. I lay her on the couch. “Wait here.” I said before I went to the kitchen to grab some icecream and make a drink for both of us. I stood in the kitchen for only 2 minutes when I heard her saying my name. “Yes?” I said out loud as I walked back to her. “It was taking so long.” She said with a giggle as I handed her a bowl with icecream.

The movie had almost ended as I looked down to see my girl resting her head on my chest as my arms were wrapped around her tiny body. “Ilse,” I whispered, but she didn’t answer. I chuckled before kissing the top of her head. “Goodnight princess.”