He protects you when you're scared - Liam

Liam and I were dating for one month, but we had never been seen in public together, and today was the first time. Together with the other boys and Liam I sat in one of their vans, on our way to the studio. But before they would sing in the studio, we would go outside to meet some fans. Liam wanted me to come with him so he could 'introduce' me to the fans. Because he wanted it so badly, I agreed with his idea.

"Are you nervous babe?", he asked me while holding my hand in his, our fingers entwined. I shrugged my shoulders. "Just a little, I think.", I said back, avoiding eyecontact with my boyfriend. He let my hand go and put it around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest before kissing my forehead. "I'm sure they will love you." I looked up to him. "But what if they don't, Liam?", I asked nervously. He sighed as he rubbed my arm. "It will be okay babe.", he told me. I nodded and looked away from him.

After a few minutes we arrived at the studio and I could already hear fans screaming louder when they saw the van with dark windows so they couldn't look into it. Liam looked into my eyes. 

"Are you ready?", he asked. I nodded, not saying a thing. Zayn opened the door and all the boys walked out, finally Liam and I. He squeezed my hand lightly when my feet touched the pavement and fans started to scream our names.

"Are you (YN)?!" "You look so cute together!" "Where's Danielle?" "Liam don't you miss Danielle?" "(YN) you are so pretty!" 

Liam looked behind him, checking if I was okay. I gave him a small smile, letting him know I was fine, despite the unkind comments. 

Together with Liam I talked to some fans when suddenly I felt nails digging into the skin of my arm and someone pulled my hair. 

"Ouch!", I said while pulling my own hair back. I looked behind me and saw a few 'fans'. 

"(YN) you are so ugly.", said the girl with long, brown hair. "Yes,", her friend said. "you don't deserve Liam."

Liam turned around when he heard someone saying his name. He smiled to the fans, who smiled back sweetly. He thought they were nice to me so turned around again and let my hand go.

"You know, I wish I could beat you right now, but unfortunately the other boys and Liam are here, so... yeah.", one of the girls said. The other girl chuckled and then hit me in the stomach.

"Ouch!", I said again and now Liam turned around, he realized the girls weren't nice to me and grabbed my hand. "Leave her alone, okay!", he said to the teenage girls before pulling me with him towards the van. He opened the door for me and I sat on the soft bench. He sat next to me and closed the door.

"The other boys will come in a few minutes.", he said while putting his arm around me again. "Are you okay?", he asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry babe, I really am." I looked up to the brown eyed boy and I saw how guilty and upset he felt. "I'm fine, Liam.", I said back while he kissed my forehead again. "From now I'll protect you, (YN)."