Expressing what i feel

Alison's POV

It just happens, suddenly all i can feel are her lips against mines. I'm not able to kiss back, I'm in shock, I can't even move. The only thing I can do realize all the things I am feeling right now, but all goes to one thing, butterflies all over my body. It was just for a few seconds, not even ten, but I can't express how great those few seconds felt. She slowly separates from me, I open my eyes and I see looking at me. I wanna say something, but nothing is coming from me. She takes a step back and looks at the ground, but I'm still looking at her.

"S-sorry" She says as she opens the door and walks away.

What just happened? I still can't move, or say anything, but that didn't mean I wanted her to go, I just wanted her to stay more and kiss me again. I'm still breathing hard when my legs move and I walk out, I look at the corridor, but she's not here... she just disappeared.

"Stupid, you should have said something" I say basically for myself as I hit the wall.

Probably now she thinks I don't like her in that way, but I actually do, and all I want now is find her and talk with her about that kiss.

"Inmate! Come here, right now" Says the young guard, Caleb.

I do what he says, I just wanna finish with this so I can look for Fields.

"What?" I say when I get where he is.

"Did you participate on that food war?" He asks me pointing at my dirty suit.

"Oh no, someone shot me with mashed potatoes, but then I ran away" I say trying not to make obvious that I was the one who started it.

"Sure?" He says kind of nervous.

"For sure" I say making a fake smile, but apparently he believed me.

"Okay" Says the young guy as he walks away.

He's so innocent, I don't even know how he managed to get job as a guard in a prison. Anyone can play with him and tell him anything they want, he's gonna believe it. I go back to my life, I have to find her. It's almost bed time, I only have time to go to the room, but she's probably going to be there. I walk fast, I don't wanna lose more time. When I walk in I look at her bed, but she's not there... I'm about to walk out again, but a guard just appears in front of our room, fuck.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" He says not letting me pass.

"I really need to go to the bathroom, please it will be just a minute" I say doing my best to lie in a good way.

He looks at me with a weird face, I think he is questioning if I'm lying or if I'm telling the truth... I hope he lets me go.

"Okay, one minute" He says walking away.

I have to find her. I start to think some places she could be, the library, the stairs, the basement... yes, she's probably there. I go as fast as I can, thinking what I'm gonna tell her, I'm sure about my feelings but I'm not sure about the way I should express them. When I get there I open the door, hoping she's standing there or just sit on the floor, but nothing... this place is dead right now. I check another time, but nothing, so I go up again. I don't have time to go to the library, I hope she's back in our room when I walk in. I check the corridor, I don't want the guard to see me because the bathroom is in the opposite direction of the basement, so he'll totally catch me. He's not there, so I walk to get my room like a normal person. When I walk in the first thing I do is look up at her bed again, to see if she's there, and I'm lucky, she's there. She's already on her pajamas and she looks like she's already asleep. I get closer to see if she's really sleeping, and she is... I guess I'll have to talk with her tomorrow. Before I go to my bed I look at her, she looks so beautiful sleeping... I look at her lips, all I want to do now I kiss her again. I go down to my bed, I change on my pajamas and I lie on the bed, it's starting be cold in the nights, we're almost in October. I go under the sheets and I cover my face with them. "Why do I always screw up everything?" I ask to myself, if I just said something or kiss her again everything would be so different right now, everything would be better. The lights turn off, but I'm not tired, I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep for a few hours. I'm still thinking about it, but I should stop, it's just making me more nervous than I already am, tomorrow I'm gonna fix this awkward situation I made and everything will be okay again. I close my eyes and I try to sleep, but it comes to my mind, the way she was looking at me, and when she slowly leaned In to kiss me... I really need to tell her what I feel so she can do that again, it's the best thing that happened to me in the last year, and there were just a few seconds.