Robbie

Maybe if she had realised sooner she wouldn't be standing here today. Feeling as black and cold as nights in the arctic. As lonely as someone lost in the desert, and as hopeless as someone screaming in a world were everyone is deaf.
Maybe she could have helped.
Maybe.....
Maybe and what if, are simply the worst possible questions because there is no way of answering, no way of knowing how much things could have changed because of one decision. One choice. One mistake.

Looking back it was obvious, but it always is once you know the answer to the question. It was obvious and you beat yourself for not knowing.
Robbie Kay. lots of people hear that name and think actor, celebrity - but to her, she heard those words and never thought any of that, she thought. Down to earth; determined; passionate; loving; loyal; romantic; funny; happy; smart- bestfriend. Gone.

It was a day in September the sun was still high in the sky, giving the opportunity for beach days and memories to be made. Almost everyday a knock would be heard on either hers or Robbie's house. The door acting as a useless barrier for the two as no matter what dilemmas they encountered or moments of weakness they overcame it together. When the pair were together wether they were finding another adventure in there small town or embarking on challenges such as getting through another series of Once Upon A Time together whilst gorging themselves on a magnificent feast of there favourite foods a smile was always shared. Even in a room full of people the brightest smiles always came from them. Even after confessing fears, worries and pain a small smile would still be on there lips because they trusted each other, and though it was small, it was genuine and that's what made it so perfect.

It was odd, the days they spent together decreased but there contact didnt. they continued to message each other all day everyday, somehow never running out of topics to discuss. Then it was as though time together almost ceased if it wasn't for there determination not to loose their friendship it would have ended.
She brought him ice cream when he said he couldn't talk. she surprised him with pizza when he was house bound.
Maybe if she had seen the anger and hurt within his actions that he desperately tried to conceal she could have done something. But all that time she thought it was simply the circumstances.

She simply didn't know.
Robbie's home life had always appeared perfect, two sisters that adored him, parents that would do anything. That's because no one looked behind the photo to see what was hidden in the frame. In all honesty Robbie's family belonged in a mental institution, he never really know any of his grandparents as they both fought with his parents through out his life, sometimes there would be moments of peace, were the fighting would end but Robbie always knew the one constant in his life. It would never stop - no matter how much he wished it would. It was like an earthquake it came in stages each time each fight you hope is the last but there's always another and the result takes months to recover before another strikes again, destroying thing they could have rebulit.

It wasn't just his grandparents his father cheated on his mother devastating there small family unit. He once thought as his family as an underground bunker virtually impossible to destroy but now it felt like it had always been a house of cards just one effective blow to know it all down. His father moved out but his mother wanted so desperately for things to work out. She would cry every night as he continued to lie to her. To go back and forth between leaving and staying. Meanwhile Robbie mustered all his strength to take care for his mother and two sisters. Helping around the house more, going out and buying food because there mother had lost all focus, and keeping an eye on his sisters making sure they were okay.
It felt as though it was impossible to smile, if the beginning of one appeared his mother was quick to remind them of all the trouble caused immediately creating a somber mood for everyone.

Robbie felt the pressure of it all, and because of it feared his future. he was afraid that he would end up the same. He didn't trust people easily and felt as though he never would meaning he would be alone. He didn't want to make the same mistakes as his parents in the future and so he found a way out. He gave himself no future.

The friendship between him and Y/N was stretched and she knew there had to be something more than just not feeling well. She visited him as much as she could and he would allow, she questioned him but he still insisted he wasn't well. Smiling at her hoping to convince her of his lies. She noticed the dark circles under his eyes, the tissues soaked in blood. But how could she talk to him about it? It was a topic she knew that once it started would not end for a long time, and that starting that conversation could end a friendship and so she tried simply to be there. Robbie continued to keep up the rouse and Y/N pretended not to notice - although they both knew.
Robbie never told Y/N about the home troubles but there were moments which made her question it such as when Robbie would mutter under his breath how much he hates his father.

It was September the twelfth a week after Robbie's 21st birthday. Y/N was on her way to Robbie's house when she realised she had forgotten her keys, she quickly walked home and got them knowing her mum was going out later and she would need them. Collecting her keys she continued to Robbie's house, she knew he would be alone as his sisters had moved out and got an apartment together and his parents were at a "dance class" (counciling).

Knocking on the door happily she held Robbie's present in her hands eager to give it to him. After no answer she knocked again but there was still no reply. She walked around the back finding the back door open she let herself in and called up to Robbie. She placed her bag on the table and began climbing the stairs, present in hand, when she heard an almighty thud. she ran to his bedroom door asking if he was alright but when there was no reply she immediately became worried. kicking at the door she forced it open. and saw...