Labour

Eight months pregnant and still you were carrying your unborn child. you sat on the sofa happily eating the array of strange food that laid out in front of you. You had collected a sandwich filled with jelly, crisps , strawberry laces and pickles. While you sat enjoying every mouthful ,blissfully tasting the combination of food that would never go together if it weren't for the pregnancy brain you had thanks to the little one growing inside you. You arose from the sofa waddling over to get the phone that had decided to ring all day, no sooner had one call ended when you would receive another. " Hey Y/N " Robbie spoke down the phone , his voice clearly tired from the long day of work but still without fail he would ask you about your day at very opportunity to speak to you. " How are you and our bundle of joy" you and Robbie had decided not to find out the gender of your child or anything about them because you would love your child no matter what.
" We're very content, the little one is very happy to hear your voice their kicking right now "
" I can't wait to have you and our baby
Safe at home in my arms"
" Only one more month t- ow " you had to stop half way though because of an kick that you received that was the same as a ranging fire burning your skin at the same moment lighting happen to strike. however no sooner had it came then left.
" What's wrong ? Are you okay? Is the baby okay? " Robbie asked concern laced in his voice .
" I am fine- they're really kicking though " you said placing your free hand over your stomach and began rubbing it. So far in your pregnancy you have from suffered from the usual symptoms such as morning sickness, a few stretch marks but the most persistent symptom was the bizarre cravings evident only moments before.
" I am on my way home, I want to be with my two favourite people "
"Okay we'll see you soon .love you "
"Love you to "
You knew that when Robbie said those words he meant it . He had been by your side at ever moment you needed him. The pain got stronger and you knew it wasn't just the baby kicking anymore. you placed a hand on the counter to keep your self sturdy. you took several deep breaths hoping somehow it would help the pain.

The pain shook your body and now came at a constant rate . what concerned you most was your child , your Prayed that this pain would pass and everything would be alright. The little soul inside of you and come to take your heart. As soon as you found out you were pregnant you felt responsible for that life . A motherly sensation had over taken you. You only wanted what was best and to love and care for them . You felt a sudden splash of liquid on the floor . You held your breath the realisation of what was happening . "ahhhhhh" your cried out as another contraction came. This couldn't be happening - not yet. you had two months left before you were due. You reached for the phone to call Robbie when another contraction came. They were now only minutes apart and fear had struck you at what would happen next. " Robbie " you heard the door shut and you called out again. you heard footsteps running as your name was called . " Y/N where are you ?! What's wrong ? " Robbie voice was desperate as he ran to you finding you clutching at your stomach a pool of fluid by your feet . " The baby's coming"
Robbie immediately began to panic he rushed over to you concern and panic in his eyes . He grabbed the phone and rushed to dial 999. "Robbie take me to the hospital " you held back all the profanities that wanted to escape your lips . Robbie guided you to his car. as soon as you were both in the car with seat belts on he drove like a maniac . You raced past ever car, sped up when you were about to miss the green light all the while Robbie kept glancing at you making sure that you were okay. The car was filled with your muffled screams and Robbie's concerned voice. You arrive at the Hospital walking becoming a impossible you clutched to Robbie as he called for anyone to help. You entered the hospital nurses and doctors rushing to your side. One bringing a wheelchair which you were thankful for .No sooner where you brought into a room of your own where you told to start pushing. You squeezed Robbie's hand whilst he stood next to you trying to be encouraging but with everything going on around you, the worry you had for your child and the pain of giving birth everything was muffled but the sound of your babies cry brought you back . you looked at the nurses to see them taking your baby away. You were week but panic and worry overtook that emotion .
"Where are you going ? what's wrong?' Robbie came to you side and wrapped his arms around you . "it's okay"
" I am scared " you cried into Robbie's chest .
" Me too - but the doctors will do everything they can " You could hear that Robbie was trying to keep back his sobs just like you were . He sat beside you on the bed. his warm embrace made you feel secure,
You needed him . you needed your baby in your arms. he pulled you close running his fingers up and now your back . The sensation of sleep was welcoming as you closed your eyes.

You awoke remembering the events. You sat up looking around the hospital seeing Robbie standing over an incubator .
" Because she was born so early they had to put her in hear " he said smiling at you . Dark circles were under his eyes from the restless night sleep you had both had. Slowly you arose from the bed making your way beside your husband . " She . its a girl ? "
" Yea. she's beautiful and so small. No matter what I am going to protect her. no one is going to hurt out little girl "
You smiled at Robbie seeing the protective father in him already showing he lent down and have you a quick peck on the lips making you smile. For the first time you got to look at your daughter . Robbie was right she is beautiful . She had the smallest hands and fingers a little round face and button nose .you could hear her breathing short little breaths as she slept. And she was small you wanted to wrap her up and keep her in your arms so she would be safe.
Tubes were going in and out but she was alive , and she was okay and that's all that mattered.
" I want to take her home " you said to Robbie
" We will, after everything's okay"
You knew it would be okay . you had your family , you had everything you needed

ALTERNATIVE ENDING

After feeling the liquid of your water break you slowly made your way to the bathroom, breathing heavily trying to keep yourself calm. You sat down in the bath calling Robbie on your phone. The desperate ring continued with each one the pain increased. The call rang out and you rang him again.
You thought about how you told Robbie You where Pregnant, you had planned it every detail . you wanted it to be memorable. you and Robbie had tried for a few months and were on the verge on giving up when you found out . You had got a picture of you and Robbie that you took on Halloween you had dressed up as Tinkerbell and Robbie had gone as Peter Pan. You took the picture and wrote on the back ' We've found our lost one '

Every picture you and Robbie had together you printed wrote a message on the back. You stuck them all around your house leading to you. holding a picture of the sonogram.
His smile stretched wide across his face . The memory faded and your vision went black all your sense failed and then - there was quite .

Robbie's POV

Soon after finishing the call with Y/N I received 10 more . Something was wrong . Every scenario ran through my mind none of them good. I pulled up at our house and ran inside . "Y/N!" I waited for a reply and when I was greater with silence , my heart rate sped up and panic filled me . I ran through our house calling her name . searching in every room .

My heart dropped . She was laying there - in the bath . Blood running and a baby crying . I ran to her side picking up our child and cradling them in my arms. "Y/N ! Y/N ! Please wake up! there's someone you need to meet "
Tears had streamed down my face and although I knew they were from fear of loosing the one I loved and the new life I held in my hand a small few came from happiness that the little one in my arms was crying letting me know she was alive.
I had called the ambulance and they were on there way but I needed them here , now .
She was so pale, her beautiful smile was gone . But of she was conscious she would be . the smile would shine so bright seeing our daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy why are you staring" Y/N asked. I was brought back to my thoughts by my daughter - it was her first day of school . On the day she was born Y/N died, I decided to name out daughter after her mother . I raised her as a single father . every day was a struggle everyday I thought about her mother and how she should be here. And as Y/N grew she looked more and more like her mother , it pained me but I was glad she got all of your beautiful features . She had the same cheery personality and optimistic outlook on life . on some occasions I would catch her staring at nothing , day dreaming just like you .
You lived through her and if that was all I could get of you then I would take it . But I am so grateful that our daughter is alive and gets to live her life .