Drugs

Hey Robbie it would be great to see you again... It's been a while and I miss you.
You sent Robbie another text. switching off your phone laying your head back against your pillow and sighing to yourself. You stared blankly at the celling your eyes open but you weren't really seeing what was in front of you. The plain white wall had become a canvas for your imagination to paint over.
The buzzing of your phone brought you back to reality.
Hey babe I miss you too, want to meet up tomorrow ? Xx

A message from Robbie appeared you read over it and smiled, thinking maybe this could be a chance for you to rebuild your relationship a bit more. Your relationship was solid everyone saw that but you still wanted to take precautions so that it stayed that way. You knew how easily the smallest thing could cause destruction. Just like a seed planted in stone walls. The seed would grow, either there would be doubt or arguments in the relationship but the negative feelings fed it like water. As the seed grew it would go into the cracks of the walls slowly breaking apart the cement, before eventually the seed became a vine scaling every part of the wall you and Robbie built together as your relationship developed. The vine made of doubt and hatred would pull apart the wall of love and hope - the relationship would fall.
So to prevent that happening you tried your best to nip it in the bud.

Your nimble fingers ran over the smooth surface of your phone as you typed a reply a small smile forming at the thought of tomorrow and all it's possibilities.
Yea I would love too :) time and place ? Xxx

Your phone was against your chest your breathing slow but your heart rate increasing. You were both nervous and excited. There was no doubt that you loved Robbie but your anxiety definitely meant that a situation as simple as this may seem brought some panic. What if there was a lull the conversation or you found it awkward?
Thinking about it more made it worse so you distracted yourself by looking back at your phone.
Farmhouse ? 11:45 ?????

The farmhouse was a local pub with a park behind it which you and Robbie used to spend your evenings. The park was for children below the ages of twelve but that didn't stop the two of you climbing on top of metal train or carelessly ride the zip line. There was also a ditch which the two of you used to sit in, your bikes discarded to the side as the conversation flowed as easily as the lake.

Yea :) see you tomorrow xxx

You sent the text glad you were revisiting the farmhouse and Robbie.
The next morning you awoke remembering the conversation you had the previous night. Your eyes were still heavy and the temptation of sleep beckoned to you. The slit in your curtains allowed for the orange hue of the morning sun to trickle in illuminating your room. You picked up your phone from the floor and read the time 8:45. Grumbling to yourself you put the phone back on the floor, you grabbed the corner of the duvet and pulled it over you giving in to sleep for another few hours.

Waking up the second time that morning you dragged yourself out of bed and began to get ready.
You had known Robbie for years now he had seen you looking your best dressed in long fitted dresses with heals and hair and make up and he had also seen you at your worse. Your head in the toilet as you emptied the contents of your stomach or wearing stained sweat pants, you hair carelessly thrown up and no make up.
Because of this you knew it didn't really matter what you looked like so you put on what was comfortable. Once dressed with your bag and everything you needed you walked to the farmhouse.
You walked round the back to see Robbie laying in the ditch.
3....2.....1
You texted Robbie and waited as he opened the message you counted along with him as he read and when he got to one you jumped on him. He was startled but smiled when he realised it was you.
"Hey babe " Robbie said smiling, you sat up on his lap and Robbie leaned in and placed an innocent kiss upon your lips.
"Tell me everything " you asked. Through out the day you walked around your town just enjoying each other's company. After that day you and Robbie spent more time together organising to go to the cinema and other activities However you noticed a few things that Robbie would do that were unlike him. He would tap his fingers a lot, eat a lot more. His mood changed quickly, you began to worry it wasn't just these things that had changed about Robbie either. His skin had become pale his hair had thinned his eyes had become darker. It scared you. You didn't know what it was but if you were honest with yourself you were too afraid to ask. If it was something Robbie was doing then if he wanted to stop he would in his own time, if it was an illness there was medication available.