Drink

Drink.
She stumbles across the room, her heels hitting the floor, the sound of footsteps getting lost in the music.
Drink.
The lights constantly change colour as the beat runs through the floorboards into her heart drumming at the same time.
Hazily she whips her head around searching for you, her hair falls back against the bare skin of her back, she stares through the crowd, only to be met with faces, all from friends that are somehow strangers to her.
Drink.
The faces look toward her but she's too busy seeking out your gaze. Her eyes shift from one face to the next, hoping to land on yours. Hoping to find security with you in view.
She pushes through the crowd, throwing her body forward as she becomes more desperate to find you.
Drink.
Its like your a shadow, getting lost amongst distorted images of the night. She thinks she catches a glimpse of you as you spin and dance with someone else.
Drink.
Your silhouette disappears amongst the bodies, the secure feeling taken away like the ground from under her feet. Her heart beating rapidly in her chest. Her breathing becomes more ragged, she sways when she stands and wobbles when she walks. She tries to find a familiar face but everything blurs. The colours from the lights cover the walls and people as they begin to merge together.
Drink.
Her hands wrap around the arm of someone as they help her to walk straight. The music pounds in her head even as they walk away.
Drink.
The night is cold, but the alcohol keeps her warm as it burns her throat. She is unsure of who walks beside her but for now, she trusts them.
For now- they keep her standing- they keep her safe. 
Drink.
Her eyes are weary but she keeps looking - Wondering. Where are you?
Drink.
Whoever was holding her, let's go. She stumbles briefly, looking left and right seeing people beside her she didn't know were there. She smiles at them and they smile back, yelling her name and embracing her tightly.
Drink.
She laughs with them not really knowing why, feeling as though she's not really experiencing the moment but observing it.
Drink.
She falls to sit at the bench that surrounds the table. Sitting all around are same faces she saw that became colourful. She turns and talks to whoever is next to her. To whoever will listen or hold a conversation.
Drink
They talk endlessly but what about she is unsure. Anything could have passed through her lips, but they remain smiling and holds comfort in that. If they smile, everything is alright.
Drink
Despite being involved in conversation her mind wonders to your whereabouts, still unknown. She questions whats wrong. What has she done wrong?
Drink.
You were there, she thought. She saw your eyes looking elsewhere. She saw them lose their compassion. She saw them become harder in their stare. - she saw them look away...
Drink.
People surrounded her when she rose from the table. They took turns to hold her close to them. Their arms holding her in a tight embrace as she cried against them. She wiped away tear after tear but she knew she couldn't stop them. Concerned faces looked onto her but she knew they didn't care. That a facial expression meant nothing. Its simple a contortion of facial muscles that are easily faked.
She cried out to them all repeating the thoughts in her head. They became verbal for the first time. For the first time, she voiced her fears. The ones that had consumed her mind for almost a year.
Drink.
She knew the consequence of revealing too much and so kept her pleas just vague enough not to cause serious panic or concern.
She brought the back of her hand to her cheek forcefully wiping away the tears. The people tried to talk to her, tried to make her believe them but her cynical view made her doubt every word they spoke.
Drink.
'Look at me' they would say. Through the tears, she would force herself to look at them. To look them in the eye.
She pleaded with silence, hoping eye contact would be enough - but as she stared she realised they weren't really looking. They didn't actually see what was happening, and so her thoughts were confirmed. She cried more, harder, her sobs and breaths becoming more laboured
She didn't know how long she stood there, a carousel of people coming and going. The same generic responses being slurred to her. She looked at them all, judging immediately whether they spoke truthfully or not. Whether these people had been there for her at any point - and she passed the same sentence to them all.
No.
All she knew is how she felt. All the negative emotions - every single time she had suppressed them to maintain peace or because she thought her opinion wasn't good enough to voice- wasn't worth the time or effort of other people because there are more important things in life than her silly worries. As though after all this time the dam she had built to stop them finally began to give way, finally springing a leak. Yet-still she made the little effort she could to control it. To maintain everything else that remained.
She knew the danger if the dam broke- she knew that despite it being her emotions- her break. She would be the one to face the backlash. The consequences would fall heavily on her. She clutched a blackened tissue in her hand, her gaze had long fallen from maintaining eye contact and now stayed fixated on her own shaking hands.
Her shaking hands moved to her purse. Her fingers maintaining a tight grip as she turned on her heels. Walking away from everyone.