Sad christmas, Short

Y/d/n = your daughters name

The crisp Autumn leaves crunched beneath their feet as we walked through the cemetery. Winter had made it's presence. Delicate patterns of frost decorated the tombstones and blanketed the fallen leaves and small patches of grass that had broken through the dead foliage at an attempt to grow.
Her daughter clutched to me in an attempt to hide from the cold but the water vapour escaping from their lips tumbling through the air proved that it didn't work. They walked down the pathway looking around all the graves thinking of how the dead out way the living. of how everyone buried once lived a life filled with promise but now all they had was the promise of darkness. The promise of death and all that came with it.
Her eyes scanned across the familiar grave stone. She read over ever word thinking how it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough. The few sentences engraved in stone were not enough to describe her husband, Y/D/N father . Not enough to show who he really was or who he could have been if life hadn't cruelly been snatched away. Even after three years the memory still brought pain, it was as if every part of you were to shatter in an instant, all over. Every time you remembered. with thy constant pain she couldn't help but to cry . The tears streaked down their red cheeks onto the earth below. She crouched down in front of the grave and whipped away all the frost that had collected onto it. " Merry Christmas Robbie " her voice was caught in her throat the words barley escaping.
" y/d/n and I wanted to spend Christmas with you. - we miss you so much. she has grown so much since you last saw her. she has all your characteristics. she's cheerful and adventurous, caring and funny . Just like you. Every morning I wake up and think that it was all a bad dream. Then I roll over and see the empty space beside me and realise my nightmare had become reality. Every Christmas I only ask for one thing. For one miracle. For you to be alive. For us to be able to grow old together to watch Y/d/n grow into a young lady, find someone she loves and spend the rest of there lives together. To be able to keep our promises to one another and do everything we said we would.
y/d/n is the only think keeping me alive, if it weren't for her I would have joined you long ago. She continues as though the world hasn't changed without you in it, but I know it's an act. When ever she thinks no one can see. she is sad. she's only seven years old and she already knows the pain of death. Come back to us please "

But what the grieving pair didn't know is that the father and husband that may beneath their feet, stood and watched.
Not in body but in soul and all he wished was for them to move on and be happy. To find someone else that could take care of them. As he no longer could.