Atsushi's Mission

//Fluff? Crack? Tinniest bit of soft angst with a happy ending!?

--
The streets of Yokohama, Ahh, streets getting ready for the day. Opening of shops, watering of plants, cars getting ready to leave was always a familiar sight. It was about 8:00AM, when it happened. Panting, alot of running. Footsteps blending into each other, wind passing, a boy, running. His white hair flowing in the wind, as he ran. That was definitely not a normal sight to see.

Atsushi stopped for a second, panting as he did so. He ran into an alleyway, climbing over a metal fence. He put his hands on his knees and breathed for a second. "Finally!" Atsushi was, unfortunately, did not have money and/or his own driver's license. So when given this mission he had two options, to walk or to run. After catching his breath, he walked towards the end of the alleyway, peeking his head looking for someone. He holed this someone would be an easy find, his appearance was very unique, I don't think you can see a short ginger with freckles and a fancy hat walking around very often. 

When he spotted the man of description he tried his best to casually walk up to the man, hoping not to be obvious. He was instructed to follow the man and talk to him once he as alone, so he quietly walked, counting his steps in his head, trying not to look at his target. He slowly went past the man and waited. "Oi! Tiger boy! Atsushi is it?" Atsushi stopped shit his cover was blown! He slowly turned around, giving out his best 'I totally wasn't going to follow you' smile, albeit it was a bit wonky.

"He-Hey Nakahara-san..!"

Chuuya raised his eyebrow "What are you doing here? Isn't your office on the other side of town?" He asked, Chuuya always had this kind of demanding tone in his voice.. like this tone of authority, however if you were to use it with the right words it would sound submissive.. "Are you even listening?" The comment shot Atsushi out of thought "Uhh.. I was instructed to.. buy some fancy hats?" Chuuya looked more skeptical than before shit he can't handle this.

"Uhuh.."

Atsushi contemplated just talking to Chuuya right there and then, cause technically him and Chuuya were the only ones there.. Just when Chuuya was about to turn around, Atsushi cried out, "Nakahara-san, wait!" Chuuya turned around. "What is it?" Atsushi walked up to Chuuya "I was instructed to tell you something. Alone." Atsushi dragged Chuuya down another alleyway just down the street. Chuuya very reluctantly followed, What the hell is this kid doing?

"I-I, are you married to Dazai-san?"

Chuuya's eyes went wide, he arched an eyebrow. "None of you business, how does it include you?" Yes he was, explained by the ring on his finger clearly being in view! But Atsushi decided not push it."Okay.. how about.. Did you get into a fight with Dazai-san these past few days?" Atsushi waited for an answer, one, two, three.. nothing.. "Nakahara-san?" He must've interrupted Chuuya's thoughts cause the immediate response was, "Yes! I.. what do you need?" Atsushi nodded to himself.

"I was told to ask you a favor"

He said, "What favor?" Chuuya asked, slightly annoyed. "For you to make up with Dazai-san." Chuuya's facial expression changed, why the hell was the agency involved in that bastard's relationship problems? "No! He's in the fault!" Chuuya said, his voice having an interesting tone.. it was probably a mixture of anger, irritation, shock, and just a teeny bit of hurt on there. Atsushi was instructed to complete this 'mission' under any means necessary, so that 'no' Chuuya pulled left him stumped. "Nakahara-san come-on! The agency need this!"

"Why the hell is the agency even involved in that mackerel's marriage problems!?" Chuuya shouted out, Atsushi just ignored that confession of Dazai-san and Chuuya being married, even though there was clear denial when he had asked earlier. "What even is that bastard doing in that agency that needs you to tell me about it!?" Atsushi asked himself if he should tell him, he wasn't given the instruction to not tell him.. "He's been quiet and doing his work, Nakahara-san." Chuuya almost laughed, seriously? The worst thing that can happen to that agency is Dazai being a normal and hard working employee? Ridiculous. Atsushi waited for a response, but Chuuya just turned around and walked back to where he was originally "Yeah, yeah."

--

Atsushi finally made it back to the agency, albeit a little sweaty. "Done!" Atsushi said walking up to Ranpo, Yosano, and Kenji, who were all watching Dazai intently. Kunikida was finishing up something on his computer pushing his glasses back, and Dazai.. well.. he was working silently, diligently.. an uncomfortable sight to see. "Did you speak to him?" Yosano asked, looking at Atsushi, "Yes I did" Atsushi replied. Atsushi's eyes made its way to Dazai, Dazai looked like he had still not moved an inch since she was gone.  Yosano looked at the clock hanging on the wall on top the windows "10'o'clock.." she muttered and looked at Ranpo, Ranpo was staring at the door, waiting for something to happen. Then suddenly, a knock. One, two, three. Atsushi went over to open the door when Ranpo stopped him. "Hey Dazai! Care to open the door?" Ranpo said. Waiting for Dazai to do something, Dazai sighed to himself opening the door, it slowly creaked open. Yosano, Kenji, Atsushi, and even Kunikida went over and twisted there heads around trying to see who was knocking, why were they knocking?

The figure emerged, his beautiful orange hair visible, sapphire eyes and freckles. The group who was watching intently on the other side of the room were on the edge of they're seats. Chuuya Nakahara, held a bento on his hands, neatly packaged with tender care and affection. Dazai was looking down, surprised to see Chuuya. "You- You forgot your lunch." Chuuya said looking up at Dazai giving him his bento. Dazai didn't even notice Chuuya made him lunch that morning, Dazai was sure of it. He didn't even get breakfast that morning! So why lunch? The bento had steamed, it still looks hot, even fresh. Moments like these where the world seemed to have stopped, where it as still, quiet, it was like a ringing in Chuuya's ears.

"Thanks."

Dazai muttered, taking his lunch from Chuuya's hands carefully but swiftly, walking over to his desk, and placing it carefully on his table, on top of his paperwork and reports, almost like it was the top priority of Dazai's day. Chuuya looked at Dazai, as he walked to his desk. Waiting for something, anything. After a few more seconds of nothing happening, Chuuya turned around, why did he come here anyway!? God this was so damn stupid! Was the immediate thought. However, all that unseen worry ran away, far far away, when a pair of hands wrapped around him. It was tender, affectionate, it brought the best most warm feeling inside Chuuya's heart and mind. The pair of bandages arms pulled him close, making sure that they fit, and slowly closed the door behind them.

The group who was watching raised they're hands, giving each other a high five. "That went surprisingly well!" Yosano uttered. A few minutes to by, the walls of the agency was thin about to hear snippets of the conversation. When you first hear them, you might think your hearing bickering! Then the door opened, Dazai coming in like he usually did before this whole situation, Chuuya was nowhere to be seen, wait.. did before this whole situation.. what were they fighting about in the first place? Was it something serious or something silly? It must've been something serious! Dazai almost turned into a diligent, hardworking, employee! "Hey.. Dazai-san, if you don't mind me asking.. what were you and Nakahara-san bickering about?" Atsushi asked waiting for an answer. "Well If you must know, I just so happened to be shot during a mall shooting, Chibi was just a little irritated when he had to patch me up since Yosano wasn't there." Yosano raised an eyebrow, this would've all been impossible if Dazai just went out her rather Chuuya? Ridiculous.