Family Exhaust

--Fluff?
//Family Au

-

As Dazai steps through the front door, he's greeted by the sight of his tired husband, Chuuya, sprawled out on the couch, looking utterly exhausted. Nearby, their youngest child, a spirited little bundle of energy, darts around the living room, giggling gleefully as they play a game of chase with imaginary monsters.

"Long day?" Dazai asks with a sympathetic smile, setting down his bag and crossing the room to join Chuuya on the couch.

Chuuya lets out a weary sigh, running a hand through his tousled hair. "You have no idea," he replies, his voice laced with exhaustion. "This little rascal has been running me ragged all day."

Dazai chuckles softly, reaching out to ruffle their child's hair as they zoom past. "Seems like someone has a lot of energy," he remarks with amusement.

Chuuya nods wearily, leaning back against the cushions. "Tell me about it," he says, closing his eyes for a moment of respite.

Sensing Chuuya's fatigue, Dazai moves closer, wrapping an arm around his husband's shoulders in a comforting embrace. "Well, you're home now," he says softly, pressing a gentle kiss to Chuuya's forehead. "And I'm here to take over kid duty for a while."

Chuuya opens his eyes, a grateful smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Thanks, Dazai," he murmurs, leaning into the warmth of his husband's embrace.

Together, they watch as their child finally tires themselves out, curling up in Chuuya's lap with a contented sigh. In this moment of quiet togetherness, surrounded by the love of their family, Chuuya and Dazai find solace and comfort, knowing that no matter how hectic life may be, they'll always have each other to lean on.
"Dazai," Chuuya calls out softly, a gentle smile playing on his lips as he watches his husband scoop up their sleepy child in his arms. "Don't forget to tuck him in properly."

Dazai nods, cradling their child close as he carries them down the hallway to their bedroom, Chuuya trailing behind them. The soft glow of the nightlight casts a warm, comforting glow over the room as Dazai carefully lays their child down in bed, tucking the blankets snugly around them.

"Goodnight, little one," Dazai whispers, pressing a tender kiss to their forehead before straightening up.

Chuuya leans against the doorframe, watching with fondness as Dazai turns off the bedside lamp and tiptoes out of the room. As they make their way back to the living room, Chuuya can't help but feel a surge of gratitude for the simple moments of domestic bliss they share.

Once they're back on the couch, Chuuya snuggles up against Dazai's side, finding comfort in the warmth of his embrace. Together, they sit in companionable silence, content in each other's presence as they bask in the quiet serenity of their home.

In this tranquil moment, surrounded by the love of their family, Chuuya and Dazai find solace and joy, knowing that no matter what challenges may come their way, they'll always have each other to lean on.