Underneath the Cherry Blossoms

--Fluff ig
//High school Au
SHORT

-
As the cherry blossoms danced in the gentle breeze, Dazai and Chuuya found themselves seated beneath the blooming trees in the quiet corner of the park. The vibrant pink petals swirled around them, creating a serene atmosphere that seemed to envelop the two students.

Chuuya broke the silence first, his voice cutting through the tranquility like a sharp blade. "Why did you bring me here, Dazai?"

Dazai leaned back against the tree trunk, a faint smile playing on his lips as he watched the petals flutter down around them. "I thought you could use a break from the chaos, Chuuya. Besides, isn't it nice to enjoy the beauty of nature once in a while?"

Chuuya scoffed, but there was a hint of fondness in his voice as he replied, "You always did have a strange way of showing concern."

Dazai chuckled softly, his gaze lingering on Chuuya's face. "Maybe so, but I do care about you, Chuuya. More than you realize."

For a moment, the air between them crackled with tension, the unspoken words hanging heavy in the air. Chuuya's gaze softened, a rare vulnerability flickering in his eyes as he met Dazai's gaze.

"I know," he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper. "I care about you too, you idiot."

In that moment, as the cherry blossoms continued to fall around them like snowflakes, Dazai and Chuuya found solace in each other's company, their bond stronger than ever beneath the fleeting beauty of the cherry blossoms.