Late Late Sleep Late

--Fluff

-

As the clock struck midnight, signaling the late hour, Dazai finally stumbled through the door of their apartment after a grueling day of work. The sight that greeted him melted away the weariness that clung to his bones.

There, slumped on the couch with a scowl etched on his face and eyes drooping from exhaustion, was Chuuya. Despite his best efforts to stay awake and wait for Dazai, sleep threatened to overtake him at any moment, his head bobbing forward before snapping back up again.

Dazai couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for keeping Chuuya waiting. He had promised to be home earlier, but as always, work had a way of demanding more of his time than he anticipated.

Quietly, Dazai approached Chuuya, his heart heavy with regret for making him wait. He knelt down in front of him, his gaze meeting Chuuya's tired eyes with a mix of apology and affection.

"Chuuya," Dazai murmured, his voice soft as he reached out to brush a strand of hair from Chuuya's face. "I'm sorry I'm late. Work just wouldn't let up today."

Chuuya let out a frustrated huff, his expression a mix of annoyance and exhaustion. "Yeah? Well, I've been waiting for hours..!" he grumbled, his words laced with irritation.

Dazai's heart sank at the frustration in Chuuya's voice. He knew he had messed up, and he hated seeing Chuuya upset because of his negligence.

"I know, Chibi," Dazai replied, his tone contrite as he gently lifted Chuuya into his arms. "I promise I'll make it up to you."

Chuuya didn't protest as Dazai carried him to their bedroom, his body going limp with exhaustion. As Dazai laid him down on the bed and pulled the covers up around him, Chuuya's eyes fluttered closed, his anger fading away into the embrace of sleep.

Dazai watched Chuuya for a moment, his heart heavy with guilt for letting him down. But as Chuuya's breathing evened out and he sank into a peaceful slumber, Dazai vowed to make things right, to never again let his work come between them.

With a soft kiss to Chuuya's forehead, Dazai whispered a heartfelt apology before joining him in bed, wrapping his arms around him and holding him close. In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of their shared love, Dazai knew that no matter what challenges they faced, they would always find their way back to each other.