Tea to the rescue

--Fluff

-

In the hush of the night, with the moon casting a soft glow through the curtains, Dazai tossed and turned, unable to find solace in sleep. His body ached with weariness, his mind restless with thoughts that refused to quiet.

Sensing Dazai's unrest from their shared bed, Chuuya stirred from his own troubled slumber. Despite his fatigue from a demanding day at work, he knew he couldn't rest while his beloved suffered.

With gentle hands, Chuuya slipped out of bed, his movements careful not to disturb Dazai further. He made his way to the kitchen, guided by the dim light filtering through the darkness.

In the quiet solitude of the kitchen, Chuuya set about his task with a determined resolve. He filled the kettle with water and set it to boil, the soft hum a comforting melody in the stillness of the night.

Chuuya almost fell asleep before the water reached a gentle simmer, Chuuya reached for the jar of chamomile tea, his fingers tracing the familiar contours of the container. With practiced precision, he measured out the fragrant leaves, his movements deliberate and sure.

But Chuuya's touch was not just mechanical; it was infused with a tenderness born of love and care. He added a sprinkle of dried lavender, knowing Dazai found comfort in its soothing aroma.

Once the tea was brewed to perfection, Chuuya poured it into a delicate porcelain cup, its warmth a promise of solace and serenity. With a soft exhale, he carried the cup back to their bedroom, his heart heavy with concern for his restless partner.

Dazai stirred as Chuuya entered the room, his eyes heavy with exhaustion yet grateful for the presence of his beloved. As Chuuya approached the bed, he found Dazai sitting up, his silhouette illuminated by the faint moonlight streaming through the window.

Without a word, Chuuya handed him the cup of tea, their fingers brushing briefly in the exchange.

Dazai accepted it with a grateful nod, cradling the warm porcelain in his hands. As he took a tentative sip, Chuuya settled onto the edge of the bed, his gaze sharp yet softened by concern as he studied his beloved's weary expression.

"You look like shit, Dazai," Chuuya remarked bluntly, his tone laced with a hint of exasperation. "Can't even manage a decent night's sleep?"

Dazai offered a tired smile, his lips quirking in a wry expression. "I suppose insomnia has become my constant companion."

Chuuya rolled his eyes, his hand finding Dazai's where it rested on the bedsheet. He squeezed it firmly, his touch a mixture of irritation and affection. "Well, lucky for you, you've got me to make sure you don't completely fall apart."

Dazai chuckled softly, the sound like music in the stillness of the night. "Indeed, I am fortunate in that regard."

Their banter eased the tension in the room, the familiarity of their exchanges a balm to the weariness that weighed upon them both. And as they shared a moment of comfortable silence, Chuuya's presence a reassuring anchor in the darkness, they found solace in the simple act of being together.

Dazai accepted it with a murmured thanks, his fingers curling around the porcelain, the warmth seeping into his weary bones. As he took a sip, the fragrant blend of chamomile and lavender enveloped him like a comforting embrace, soothing his frayed nerves and easing his troubled mind.

In the quiet sanctuary of their shared space, Chuuya settled back into bed beside Dazai, their bodies entwined in a tender embrace. As the night deepened around them, they found solace in each other's presence, their love a beacon of light in the darkness.

And as Dazai's breathing steadied and his eyelids grew heavy with sleep, Chuuya knew that, together, they could weather any storm, finding peace and comfort in the simple moments of connection that bound them together.