LDR

--Fluff/Slice of life
//Long Distance Relationship

-

The morning sun filters through the curtains of Chuuya's hotel room, casting a warm glow on the crisp white sheets. With a grumble, he rolls over and reaches for his phone, squinting at the screen through half-closed eyes. He quickly types out a message to Dazai: "Morning. You alive?"

Meanwhile, in his own hotel room across town, Dazai groans as he wakes up, his hair a messy tangle of black strands. He squints at his phone, blinking away the sleep as he reads Chuuya's message. With a smirk, he replies: "Barely Chibi. You?"

Their conversation continues as Chuuya reluctantly drags himself out of bed, the sound of his morning routine punctuated by the occasional curse as he stubs his toe on the furniture. Dazai listens with amusement, imagining Chuuya's scowling face as he gets ready for the day.

After a quick shower - and a few more choice words directed at the hotel's lackluster water pressure - Chuuya settles down at the small desk in his room, a steaming cup of coffee in hand. He sends Dazai a photo of his makeshift breakfast setup - a half-eaten protein bar and a lukewarm cup of instant coffee - accompanied by a sarcastic message: "Living the high life, as always."

Dazai chuckles at the message, already nursing his own cup of coffee in his hotel room. He snaps a photo of his own breakfast - a sad-looking muffin and a carton of orange juice - and sends it back with a witty retort: "At least you have caffeine. Can't survive without it, can you, Chibi?"

Throughout the day, they stay in touch through a barrage of sarcastic text messages and occasional phone calls, trading barbs and banter as they tackle their respective assignments. They send each other photos and videos, each one more absurd than the last, as they try to outdo each other with their antics.

In the evening, they settle into a video call, faces illuminated by the soft glow of their screens. They talk for hours, sharing stories and swapping gossip, their laughter echoing through the empty hotel corridors.

As the night wears on and exhaustion starts to set in, they reluctantly bid each other goodnight, promising to pick up where they left off tomorrow. Though they may be separated by miles and the demands of their work, Chuuya and Dazai find solace in the knowledge that their bond is unbreakable, their connection stronger than any distance could ever hope to conquer.

And as they drift off to sleep in their respective hotel rooms, hearts full and minds at ease, they dream of the day when they'll finally be reunited, knowing that their love will carry them through until then.

-

Dazai is out with colleagues enjoying dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Getting a call from Chuuya, it was their FaceTime time. Dazai answers the phone, "Good evening, chibi."

Chuuya rolls his eyes, "Have you eaten?"

Dazai answers Chuuya's question with a yes, then reciprocates, "And you?"

"No," Chuuya responds, his tone indicating his exhaustion.

Concern flashes across Dazai's face as he excuses himself from the table, leaving his colleagues to wonder.

UhDazai excused himself from the table, his colleagues watching with curiosity as he hurriedly made his way out of the restaurant. Once outside, he found a quiet corner and leaned against the wall, his focus solely on the screen in front of him.

"Chibi, why haven't you eaten?" Dazai's voice was laced with worry as he looked at Chuuya's tired expression.

Chuuya sighed, rubbing his temples. "I got caught up with work, forgot to grab something. It's not a big deal."

Dazai's brows furrowed. "Of course, it's a big deal. You need to take care of yourself, Chuuya. You know that."

Chuuya's lips curled into a small smile at Dazai's concern. "I know, I know. I'll grab something later. Don't worry about me."

Dazai shook his head, his eyes softening. "I can't help but worry about you, Chibi. You mean everything to me."

Chuuya's expression softened, his heart warming at Dazai's words. "I know, and you mean everything to me too, Mackerel."

They shared a tender smile, a silent understanding passing between them despite the distance separating them.

"I'll make sure to eat something, okay?" Chuuya reassured Dazai.

Dazai nodded, a sense of relief washing over him. "Alright, but promise me you'll take care of yourself."

"I promise," Chuuya replied, his voice sincere.

With a final exchange of "I love you"s, they ended the call, both feeling a little lighter knowing the other was looking out for them.