Your Late

--Fluff
//Short

-

Chuuya tapped his foot impatiently, glaring at his watch as if it were personally responsible for Dazai's tardiness. He had been waiting for over half an hour at their designated meeting spot, and Dazai was nowhere to be seen.

Just as Chuuya was about to give up and storm off in a fit of anger, he spotted a familiar figure weaving through the crowded street. Dazai sauntered over with his trademark smirk, looking unruffled despite his lateness.

"You're late," Chuuya snapped, folding his arms across his chest.

Dazai flashed a charming grin, unfazed by Chuuya's irritation. "But I'm fashionably late, aren't I, Chuuya?"

Chuuya rolled his eyes, resisting the urge to smack the smirk right off Dazai's face. "You're lucky I didn't leave," he muttered, his annoyance barely concealed.

Dazai's smile softened into something more genuine as he reached out to gently touch Chuuya's arm. "I'm sorry, Chuuya. Work ran later than expected, and then there was traffic..."

Chuuya sighed, relenting slightly at the sincerity in Dazai's voice. "Fine," he grumbled, "Just don't make a habit of it."

Dazai's expression brightened, and he leaned in to press a quick kiss to Chuuya's cheek. "I promise," he said, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Despite his annoyance, Chuuya couldn't help but feel a flutter of warmth in his chest at the familiar gesture. Maybe Dazai's tardiness wasn't so infuriating after all, as long as he always showed up in the end.