Honey | Part 6

A few weeks had passed since the local fair had ended. I haven't seen Barns in a while, but I figured he was busy. The only down side is that my mental health started deteriorating again. I didn't have any control over it. Sometimes in the middle of happy days I get hit with an overwhelming feeling of sadness. I was laying in bed because I couldn't be bothered to get up. I grabbed my phone and looked at my socials. There wasn't anything interesting going on. I felt so bored and so alone. I decided to text Barns.

Me: Hey.

I figured he would text me back whenever he could. I felt extremely tired, so I just drifted off to sleep. I didn't have anything better to do. A few hours later I woke up and rubbed sleep from my eyes. When I glanced at my phone I noticed Barns had texted me back.

Barns: Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with the honey bees.

Barns: How are you today?

Me: It's okay.

Me: I'm actually not doing well.

Barns: Do you need me to come over?

Me: No, it's okay. I don't wanna bother you if you're busy.

Barns: Okay, but if you need me just message me.

Me: Okay. Thanks.

I slowly got out of bed and forced myself to take a shower. I didn't enjoy it, but it needed to be done. When I was finished I put on some comfortable clothes. Then I reluctantly walked downstairs to find something to eat. I made a cup of coffee and decided to have some banana bread that my mom made. I walked into the living room and watched tv as I ate. The next thing I know, someone knocking on the door woke me up. 'I must have fallen asleep.' I thought inside of my head. I slowly got up and walked over to the door. When I saw that it was Barns I smiled softly. "Hey, you didn't have to come over." I said, even though the kindness made me feel warm inside.

"I know, but I had feeling you needed a friend." He replied with a smile. I invited him in and we talked as we sat in the living room. Spending time with him made me feel less broken and less alone.

+++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3