Different | Part 2

The farm hands didn't have to work on weekends, so Barns and I were just hanging out. We were sitting next to the creek near my family's apple orchard. It was a very hot day, and warm breeze blew. Dark storm clouds had been gathering in the distance all day. So we just assumed that it wouldn't start storming until later tonight. My parents were over at a friend's house having lunch. So that left Barns and I all alone.

It felt nice being able to spend time alone with him. Most times the other workers watch us, which is kinda awkward. I think most of them are kinda jealous that I give Barns attention and no one else. But Chris was able to keep them so busy they can't do anything a out it. I was thankful for Chris because of that. The two of us were having so much fun we didn't realize that the dark clouds had gotten closer. When the clouds covered the sun we took notice.

A loud rumble of thunder caught me off guard. My heart was beating faster with excitement. Even as a kid I loved thunderstorms. "We better get inside." Barns said. "We can go to the barn. It's closer than the house." I said and he agreed to go there. We ran to the barn for cover, and I'm glad we did. As soon as he closed the barn doors, it started raining. It was absolutely pouring down rain. We could hear it beating on the metal roof. "Come up to the hay loft. I mare a little cozy place up there to hangout." He said.

I followed him upstairs where we kept the hay and straw. Since Barns arrived it also doubled as his bedroom. He had a mattress that was covered in a sheet and some blankets. A small desk with a chair. Next to the wall was a black guitar case. Barns Courtney was written on the side with what looked like white tape. "You play guitar?" I asked curiously as we sat down. We sat on the straw covered floor with our backs against the wall. "Yeah. I sing a bit as well." He said with a small smile.

The storm ragged outside, and I turned the radio on. There was an outlet in the loft that was functional. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a tornado warning or something. A few minutes later the power went out. "Well, so much for that." I said with a small laugh. Barns laughed as well before he grabbed his guitar. "Do you mind if I play some music?" He asked curiously. "No, of course not." I replied with a smile. He started playing his guitar and sang as well.

His voice sounded pleasant; I could have listened to his sing all the time. "What song is that?" I asked curiously. "I wrote it, actually. It's called Little Boy. Did you like it" He said with a smile. "I really liked it. You're a talented singer." I said with a smile of my own. "Thank you, that really means a lot. I'm actually trying to make it into the music business." He said as he strummed the strings on his guitar. The thunder got louder, but the wind didn't get stronger.

Rain and hail hammered on the metal roof of the barn. "I have a friends that might be able to help. He could record an album for you if you want." I said and his eyes lit up. "That would be wonderful!" He said happily. The two of us talked and as the storm ragged on, we didn't realize how late it was. I figured that my parents just stayed at thier friend's place. There's no way they would drive home in this storm. And I knew we couldn't walk out and go to the house.

We would have gotten soaked and ran the risk of getting hit by lightning. So we chose to stay in the barn. "Do you trust me?" He asked softly. "Yeah, I trust you." I replied shyly. "Come here. We have to get some rest. It's late and I have a feeling I'll be helping clean up the mess from the storm tomorrow." He said as he got comfortable on his mattress. I slowly walked over and climbed in next to him. He grabbed a blanket and covered us both up. "Goodnight, Y/n." He said softly. "Goodnight, Barns." I replied.

+++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3