Passing Notes | Part 4

It was Halloween, so I was at home giving out candy to trick or treaters. My parents had a business party to go to, so I was the only person at home. I knew I couldn't go to any parties, but it didn't hurt any less when my friends didn't invite me to one. They always have a huge party and half of the school is invited. It was clear to me that my friends and I were drifting apart. I hoped that they were having a good time though.

The sound of someone knocking on the door took me out of my thoughts. 'More trick or treaters!' I said in my head. I grabbed the candy bowl and opened the door. "Tick or treat." A familiar voice said, and I smiled like an idiot. "Barns! What are you doing here?" I asked, happy to see him. "My parents went to a party, and I didn't wanna be alone. I hope you don't mind me dropping by." He said as he took off his random Halloween mask. He was dressed in his usual attire.

Leather jacket and whatnot. I invited him in and offered him something to drink. "I like the jack o lantern you carved. It's really nice." He said with a smile. "Thanks." I replied with a smile of my own. The two of us talked as well as hand out candy. Once tick or treating hours were over, I turned on the tv. We decided to eat the leftover candy and watch horror movies. I grabbed a blanket that we covered up with. As the movie marathon went on, I noticed we had moved closer to each other.

We were practically cuddling, and it made me blush a little. It gave me butterflies. A few moments passed before we stopped fighting it. We leaned into the cuddling, and it felt nice. I felt safe with him. The sound of my parents pulling into the driveway made us move apart though. I didn't want them to ask any questions about Barns and I. Well... I didn't want them to think he and I were dating. We're just friends after all. When my parents walked in I introduced them to Barns.

I felt so nervous, because I really wanted them to like him. Especially since he has become my best friend. I breathed a sign of relief when they didn't seem upset about anything. "Hey, tomorrow is the weekend. You could spend the night if you want, Barns. We have a spare bedroom." My mom said to him, which surprised the both of us. He thanked her before calling his parents. Apparently they were okay with him staying over too. We cleaned up the living room a bit and turned the tv off.

Then I stepped outside to blow the candle I had in the jack o lantern out. After all of that I went up to my room to get ready for bed. I hoped that Barns slept well in the spare bedroom. It made me happy knowing that I'd get to see him in the morning. It took me a while to fall asleep, but eventually I did.

+++++++++++++++
A/N Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3