Honey | Part 4

* Trigger Warning: Self harm *
+++++++++++++++++

A couple of days passed and I was yet again left home alone. I wondered if Barns would want to stop by later. So I grabbed my phone and texted him.

Me: Hey, are you busy later?

As I waited for his reply I packaged up some cookies that I made last night. I hoped that Barns would like them. I kinda felt guilty about him gifting me extra lip balms and lotion. I knew the cookies weren't much, but at least they were something. The notification on my phone made me smile. I took it out of my pocket and looked at it. Smiling more when I saw that it was him.

Barns: Hey! I actually don't have any plans today.

Barns: What about you?

Me: I don't have any plans either.

Barns: Do you wanna hangout? I'm almost out of honey. I can be over in a few minutes or so.

Me: Sure. I'd really like that.

Barns: Okay. I'll see you in a little bit.

Me: Okay. :)

I walked into the living room and watched tv for a while. When I heard Barns's vehicle coming up the driveway I couldn't help but smile. I waited until he knocked on the front door and stood up. "Hey." He said when I opened the door. I invited him in and I closed the door behind him. Before I could do anything else he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back, feeling warm inside. We slowly broke the hug just like last time. "You feeling okay?" He asked curiously. "Yeah,  I'm okay." I said softly with a smile. I was actually kind of telling the truth. At least I hadn't hurt myself in a few days. "You can tell me if you're not okay, okay?" He said softly as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"Thanks, but I'm okay. Well... better than usual anyway." I said. We talked and I got us both something cold to drink. Then he suggested that we spend time outside. I agreed and followed him out onto the porch. "I have a picnic blanket we can sit on." He said as he opened the door. A few minutes later he spread a red and white checkered blanket on the grass. We ended on laying on the blanket to do some cloud watching. The sunshine was warm, but not too warm. There was a gentle breeze blowing as well, rustling the leaves on the trees. "Oh, hello... Hi." Barns said in a very cute voice. When I looked over I noticed he was talking to a butterfly that had landed on his hand.

I melted and felt fuzzy inside. 'He's so sweet.' I thought inside of my head. The smile that was on his face as he watched the butterfly was so adorable. Eventually the butterfly fluttered away. "What?" He asked with a smile when he noticed I was watching him. "Nothing." I replied, blushing a litte. We laid on our backs and watched the clouds. Everything the golden hour arrived; the hour just before sunset. "Are you hungry?" I asked curiously. I suddenly realized that I hadn't had lunch today. "I could eat." He replied. I stood up and so did he. I glanced at him as he folded the blanket. The way his blue eyes looked in the golden sunlight was breathtaking.

I felt myself blush again, but I couldn't look away. 'He's very beautiful and handsome.' I thought inside of my head. The thought gave me butterflies. I looked away before he noticed me staring. I lead the way into the house and I started cooking. I decided to make bbq chicken on the grill. That way we could sit on the porch and admire the sunset. He helped me gather everything. I made homemade bbq sauce and I used some of the honey he gave me. I cut up green and yellow zucchini, adding Italian seasoning to the veggies. Once everything was prepared I set up the charcoal grill. I caught myself staring at Barns a few times. Hoping he didn't notice I was looking at him, but deep down I had a feeling he did.

+++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3