Nature Boy | Part 2

After eating breakfast I glanced out of the window and smiled. It was the first nice day in a long time. It seemed like it had been raining for weeks. I like the rain, but it gets a little old after a while. Today the sun was shinning and fluffy clouds speckled the blue sky. I packed my backpack with some essentials. Then I went outside to take a walk. The green grass was still wet with morning dew.

Later today there would be lots of people out mowing. Especially since it was supposed to get hot today. I enjoyed the warmth from the sun as well as everything else nature had to offer. I went to my usual lonely path for my walk. As I looked around and spotted some chipmunks playing. I wondered if I would see Barns again. Honestly, I hoped that I would. In a way I kind of missed him even though I didn't really know him.

Maybe it's weird to miss a stranger, but I do. A lovely cool breeze blew every once in a while; Making the speckled sunlight dance through the canopy of leaves. As I kept walking I looked around and took in my surroundings. A smile spread across my face when I spotted Barns. He was standing against a large maple tree. The white flowy shirt he was wearing made him stand out. As I got closer I could see he had butterflies around him.

Some were fluttering around where he stood. Others had landed on his chest and shoulders. One was actually on one of his fingers, and he was admiring it. What I was seeing looked like something out of a movie. It almost seemed unreal. "Hi." I said softly. He slowly looked up and a small smile spread across his face. "Hi." He replied happily. "How have you been?" I asked curiously. "I'm doing very well, thanks for asking. What about you?" He replied.

"I'm doing well also. I'm glad that it stopped raining though." I said with a small smile. He agreed even though he admitted to liking the rain. I told him that I felt the same way. We talked in hushed tones for a while. Then the butterflies left. One of them came towards me and landed on my nose. It made me giggle and smile. It only stayed there for a second before flying away with the others. When I looked back at Barns, he was smiling. His pretty blue eyes sparkled and I blushed a little.

"Do you mind if I join you on your walk?" He asked curiously. "No, I don't mind at all." I said smiling. The two of us walked down the path like we did before. We made small talk to get to know each other. It didn't surprise me when I learned he lived in the woods. "I could show you where I live. Not many people know I live there, but... I trust you." He said, which made me feel special. I felt like I could trust him, so I said yes. He took me off the trail we had been walking on.

I followed him through the woods. He pointed out different rocks and logs so I didn't trip. Eventually we reached a charming looking home. It was almost as if it had been taken out of a fantasy movie. Kinda like the homes people live in in The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit. The home was made from stone in a little clearing. The green grass was speckled with beautiful flowers. A patch of golden dandelions lined the edge of the woods.

"Wow. It looks so magical and beautiful." I said with a smile. "Come on, let me show you inside." He said, smiling softly. To my surprise he gently took my hand lead me to the front door. When we walked inside I looked around. The place looked so cozy and equally as magical. It had a bohemian gypsy sort of vibe. He closed the door behind us and showed me around. He told me little stories about various trinkets he had. Each one of them were interesting.

He was probably the most interesting person I had ever met. "Would you like something to drink? A cup of tea maybe?" He asked. "Oh, yes please. Thank you." I replied. I sat down on the comfy couch and waited for him to return. When he came back he had a tray. He poured the tea into cups before sitting down next to me. We talked and laughed. I felt so comfortable and relaxed with him. I was happy that I was getting to know him better too.

"Now that you know where I live you can visit me. You can come whenever you want to." He said after a few minutes of comfortable silence. "That's very sweet of you, Barns. I... I'm really glad that we met by the way.' I replied shyly. "I'm really glad that we met too, Y/n." He replied with a smile.

++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3