Bad Boy | Part 4

Barns and I had been walking along the railroad tracks for a while. I didn't mind because we were just admiring nature. We would point out various squirrels and chipmunks out to each other. At one point we saw huge hawk sitting in a gnarled looking tree that didn't have any leaves. The bird looked beautiful all by itself. We spent a few minutes admiring it. "Do you wanna hangout at my place? We could play video games if you want. If not, it's okay." Barns asked after a few moments of comfortable silence. "Sure, I would like that." I replied. Blushing a little when I realized we were still holding hands. I wondered if he knew we were still holding hands. If he did, I also wondered why he hadn't let go yet. Not that I wanted him to.

Maybe I was just overthinking things too much. "Cool! Come on, I know a shortcut." He said with a charming smile on his handsome face. I smiled back as we walked along the tracks a little longer. Then he veired off into a small patch of woods. A few minutes later we stepped out onto a parking lot. It took me a second to realize we were now in a run down looking motel parking lot. The paint on the building looked as if it had once been red, but had faded to a dingy pink color. The white doors were yellowed with age. As we got closer I could hear the loud buzzing of fluorescent light bulbs. A cluster of mosquitoes and flies circled underneath a few of them. I also noticed the loud humming noise of the ancient soda and snack machine that was nearby. Barns lead us up to a door that had the number five on it, which was half falling off.

He reached into his picked and retrieved a key. It took him a while, but he eventually got the door open. "Sorry about that. It always gives me a hard time. I've asked for them to fix it, but I might as well just talk to a wall." He said and chuckled awkwardly. I smiled and laughed a little as he invited me inside. The bed was covered in a sort of orange colored blanket. A small wooden table and a chair was in one corner. There was a nightstand with a lamp that had a yellow and brown stained shade. An old box tv was setting on top of a dresser in front of the bed. "I know it's not much, but... it's home." He said awkwardly. I felt bad because I could tell he felt a little embarrassed about where he was living. Even though he probably didn't want to admit it. "I think it's kinda cozy." I replied, which made him laugh.

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better." He said with a small smile. But the look in his eyes said that he was grateful that I didn't run away when I first saw the place. "I mean it." I said, and I did mean it. The warm look in his eyes made me blush a little. So I looked away and hoped he hadn't noticed. "I'll set up the game for us. I hope you like Mario Smash Bros." He said as he slowly let go of my hand. "I've actually never played it, but I'm excited to try it out." I replied with a smile. We sat on his bed and played a few games. Obviously, he won most of the time. He let me win a couple of games even though he acted like he didn't. The trash talk was the most hilarious part of playing with him though.

We played video games for hours even though it felt like minutes. We took a break to stretch and get some water. "Oh, shit! It's completely dark outside now." He said after glancing out his window. "What time is it?" I asked as I looked at my phone. It was already ten thirty. "You could stay here with me tonight if you want." He said, his words giving me butterflies. "Well... I... I don't know." I replied awkwardly. "If you wanna leave you can. I just... don't like the idea of you walking to your car in the dark. Especially since your car is back at the bar." He replied. I looked at him for a few moments and decided that he had a point. Besides, I was probably safer with him than going out into the night. Even though it's a small town bad things still happen.

"I think I might have an oversized t-shirt and some shorts you could sleep in." He said as he started looking through his dresser. It took him a while, but he eventually did find what he was looking for. "Here it is." He said as he handed it to me. "Thanks. I'll go change in the bathroom." I said as I got up. I changed into the clothes he gave me and blushed a little. The oversized MCR t-shirt he gave me smelled like him. I folded my clothes and walked back into the bedroom. I blushed even harder when I saw him in his underwear. "I'm sorry." I said shyly and awkwardly. "It's okay. I actually just sleep in my underwear. But if it makes you uncomfortable I can put something else on." He said with a small laugh. Without waiting for my reply, he put on a hoodie. It was long enough to cover his bottom half.

He already had the bed turned down so we could climb under the covers. We left a space between our bodies. Once we got comfortable he turned the bedside lamp off, leaving us in darkness. "Goodnight, Y/n." He said softly. "Goodnight, Barns." I replied with a small smile. It took me a while, but I eventually fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up with a pair of arms wrapped around me. It felt like someone was playing with my hair near the back of my head. Then I noticed that my arms were wrapped around someone as well. Not only that, but my legs were tangled with someone else's legs. Then I remembered that I spent the night at Barns's motel room. My heart fluttered a little and I blushed as butterflies filled my stomach. I snuggled into his chest a little and I felt him kiss my forehead. "Good morning sweetheart." He said in a slightly raspy morning voice. It made the butterflies so much worse. 'You're just friends. Don't let yourself fall for him more than you already have.' I said inside of my head. "Good morning." I replied with a small yawn. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before looking at him. The golden sunlight that filtered through the curtain made his blue eyes look more beautiful that they already are.

He smiled softly before before brushing some of my hair out of my face. The gentle look in his eyes made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 'He has your heart, you're fucked.' I said inside of my head. "You wanna go get some breakfast in a little bit?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, but... I'm too cozy to go anywhere right now." I replied. His smile grew and he laughed a little. "I am too." He said as he gently tightened his arms around me. I snuggled into his chest and gently tightened my arms around him too. I felt so safe and loved.

++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3