Passing Notes | Part 10

The day Barns left for England was one of the worst days I ever experienced. My parents too me to the airport so he and I could say out goodbyes. We hugged and kissed; we didn't care who saw us. The two of us promised to call, text, and even write letters. I hated that he had to leave, but he didn't have a choice. When we left the airport my parents took me to get ice cream. They tried to make small talk, but luckily they didn't force me to reply.

They just kinda kept glancing at each other with the same look. When I got home I went to my room and stayed there. Wanting to cuddle Barns and hear his voice.

• • •

Years had passed since that horrible day in August. Barns and I kept in touch. He finally had a band, and they almost made it big. Until the record label dropped them. Then he started a solo career. Of course I listened to his music and supported him. Not just because I love him either, but because he's really good at making music. After high school I went to college, but dropped out. Then I took a soul crushing job that I eventually quit.

Now I was doing what I love to do, which is make art. Lots of people had been commissioning me to make paintings for them. I was listening to Barns's debut album, The Attractions of Youth. His music had became one of my favorite things. His voice sounds so soothing to me. I was almost finished one of the painting I was working on when my phone buzzed. When I saw it was Barns a big smile spread across my face. Butterflies filled my stomach as well.

Barns: Hey, how are you today?

Me: I'm good. How are you?

Barns: I'm okay. Missing you like mad though.

I blushed when I read his text message.

Me: I miss you too. I feel like I've been missing you since forever. Lol

Barns: I know how you feel.

Barns: But maybe we won't feel that way for long.

Me: Why not? Do you have a show somewhere close by?

Barns: Well, that's a surprise. ;)

Someone knocking at the door took my by surprise. I wondered who it could be, especially since I wasn't expecting anyone. I figured it was probably the neighbor with our mail. Sometimes he gets it and brings it to the house for us. I walked downstairs and when I opened the door I gasped. I felt like I wanted to cry tears of joy and scream in excitement. "Barns!" I said happily. A huge smile spread across his handsome face.

I practically jumped into his arms, which made him chuckle. We held each other tight in our arms. I snuggled into his chest as I breathed in his familiar scent. "I can't believe you're actually here." I said, and he gently tightened his arms around me. "I'm so sorry I've been away for so long." He said softly as he played with my hair. "It's okay. You're here now and that's all that matters." I replied. Eventually we broke the hug and I invited him inside.

I offered him something to drink before we sat in the living room. We talked about the paths out lives have went down. His life sounded much more exciting than mine. But I was grateful that he seemed interested in what I've been doing. "So... do you have anyone special in your life?" He asked. The question took me a little off guard. "No one but you." I said shyly, blushing as well. He looked so handsome. He had grown his hair out; it looked curly and soft.

He was wearing a leather jacket over an AC/DC shirt. "You have no idea how happy that makes. I haven't been with anyone else either." He said. We cuddled for a moment before kissing each other. His lips felt so soft against mine. Somehow they seemed softer than I remembered them being. "Promise me something?" I asked after breaking the kiss. "Anything." He said softly. "Promise you won't be gone long when you go on tours." I said, and he smiled. "I don't have to, because I'm taking you with me." He said before kissing my lips again.

++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3