In The Grass

'I just wanna be alone!' I thought inside of my head. It seemed like everyone had it out for me. Nothing I did seemed to be right or satisfactory. I felt like a failure. Almost everyone in my life has been making me feel that way lately. And each one of them always want more from me with no regard for my feelings. I was feeling extremely stressed out.

I was feeling emotionally and physically exhausted as well. So instead of going home, I took a walk. I walked through a wooded area and down to a pond. The pond was mostly surrounded by very tall grass. Tall enough that a person could hide in it standing up. I weaved my way through the grass, keeping an eye out for snakes. It was a warm day, and I expected to see a few cooling off in the grass. Luckily I didn't see any, but I didn't put my guard down just yet.

Eventually I found a spot to sit down. The place I sat down had a great view of the pond, but I was still hidden. The hot summer made the pond water sparkle like diamonds. I took a few deep breaths, letting the fresh air fill my lungs. The only sounds were coming from the birds, crickets, and bumblebees. A slight breeze rustled the tall grass every now and then. I tried my best to forget everything that was going on in my life.

I laid down and watched fluffy white clouds pass by overhead. I must have been more tired than I thought. Because the sound of something moving in the grass woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and anxiety filled my stomach. A man had came through some of the tall grass. We made eye contact and we both just stared at each other. Apparently he wasn't expecting to see anyone else either. He was wearing a leather jacket; it was vertically black and white striped.

His shirt was white with horizontal black pinstripes. His pants were black as well. On his face were round green tinted sunglasses. "Are you alright?" He asked curiously, taking me out of my thoughts. He had curly brown hair and plump lips. He looked very handsome in my opinion. "Yeah, I'm okay. I must have accidentally fell asleep." I say as I slowly sit up. "I've done that before. It's very relaxing here." He said with a small smile.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He asked. "No, not at all." I replied, and he sat down next to me. A comfortable silence passed between us as we looked over the pond. Oddly enough I didn't mind his presence. It was surprising to me, especially since I desperately wanted to be alone. "What's your name?" He asked, breaking the comfortable silence. "Y/n." I replied shyly. "That's a pretty name. I'm Barns by the way. It's nice to meet you y/n." He said with a small smile on his plump lips.

"It's nice to meet you too, Barns." I said with a smile of my own. The two of us made small talk in between bouts of comfortable silence. Something about being around him was cleansing in a way. All of my stress, anxiety, anger, and sadness had melted away. He pointed out a couple of mallard ducks that were on the pond. We sat and watched as they ducked underneath the water now and then. I couldn't help the soft smile that was on my face.

The sun was starting to set, and the golden hour had begun. I hadn't realized how much time had passed. "Are you hungry?" Barns asked, taking me out of my thoughts. As if on cue, my stomach growled a little. I blushes slightly and hoped that he didn't hear it. "I am actually. I didn't realize what time it was." I replied. "We can go to the local diner." He suggested, and I took him up on his offer.

We both stood up and I took a few pictures of the lake with my phone. Then we walked out of the grass. We talked as we walked back into town. When we reached the diner we were seated by a waitress. Barns and I both ordered hamburgers. We both ordered strawberry milkshakes as well. "I know we just met today, but... I was wondering if we could hangout tomorrow maybe?" He said as we waited on our food.

"I would like that. You seem very nice." I replied, blushing a little. "You seem very nice as well." He said as he smiled happily. We arranged to meet up at the pond again tomorrow. After eating out meal we paid and he walked me home. I was looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.

++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3