Honey

* Trigger Warning: Self harm. *
+++++++++++++++++

"Hey, make sure you go get some honey from that guy down the road. I left a note on the fridge to remind you and some money on the counter." My mom said as she gathered her things to go to work. "Okay." I replied sleepily. We said our goodbyes as she walked outside and got into her car. Today she had to go in really early; the sun wasn't even up yet. I locked the door behind her and watched as she pulled out of the gravel driveway. When I couldn't see the red tail lights of the car, I walked back upstairs. I climbed into bed and slowly drifted off back to sleep. When I woke up I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the clock. It was already eleven thirty, but I didn't really wanna get out of bed. I knew I had to though. My mom would be upset with me if I didn't get the honey like she asked me to.

I slowly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I changed my clothes and headed downstairs where I got something to eat. I was too lazy to really cook anything, so I settled for a piece of toast and a cup of coffee. When I was finished eating I brushed my teeth. Then I grabbed my house keys, cellphone, and the money that was left on the counter. The sun was shining, which was nice. I was glad that it was warm, but not too warm. I hated it when it gets really hot outside; when it's too hot I can't sleep and I feel miserable. I locked the door behind me and walked down the gravel driveway. After a few minutes I reached the main road. The honey guy's place wasn't too far from where we live, so that was good. Also, the walk would do some good.

I had been cooped up in the house for what felt like forever. But I don't have anything else to blame for that than my depression. Sometimes it forces me to just stay inside. On my walk I spotted some wild flowers growing alongside the road. I stopped to take a few pictures of them. After a while I reached my destination. A few people were parked in the driveway to get honey. All spring people had been talking about this guy's honey. Apparently it was good, so my mom decided she wanted to try it. At least it was local honey. But neither one of us got to meet this guy yet; he was relatively new in town. 'I hope there's some honey left for us.' I thought when I noticed the amount of people that were in line.

I spent most of the day just standing in line and waiting. But eventually I reached the honey stand. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the man selling the honey. He didn't look like most of the locals here. He had almost shoulder length curly brown hair. His blue eyes looked very pretty in the bright sunlight. And he had big lips that look like they would feel soft. I blushed a little when he looked at me, and I hoped he didn't notice. "Hello, I've never seen you here before." He said in a pleasant sounding voice. "It's my first time here." I replied with a shy smile. "You're in luck because I have one jar of honey left." He said as he grabbed a jar out of a wooden crate. The golden honey looked even more beautiful in the sunshine. "I'm glad. My mom would be upset if I went home empty handed." I said with a small laugh.

When I handed him the money the sleeve of my jacket moved a little. It exposed the somewhat fresh cuts on my wrist. I felt embarrassed and self-conscious because I knew he saw them. I could tell from the look on his face. His eyes filled with sadness and sympathy. "Since you're a brand new customer, how about I throw in a little free gift for you?" He said. Before I could reply he slipped three small tubes of something into the brown paper bag. "What is it?" I asked curiously. "It's special kind of lotion; I make it myself. It helps with dry skin, irritation from healing wounds, and other things." He said. Him giving me that lotion after seeing my scars made me feel warm inside. "Thank you." I said shyly and he gave me a friendly smile. He quickly slipped his business card into my bag as well.

We said our goodbyes and I walked home. After locking the door behind me I decided to make ramen for lunch. It wasn't anything special, just those cheap instant noodle packs from the grocery store. As my noodles were cooking I looked at the lotion he gave me. I read the ingredients and they were all natural. I looked at the cuts on my wrists and noticed they were all scabbed over. So I put a little of the cream on them. It smelled and felt nice, which was good. Usually I don't really like hand creams or lotions. I sat the jar of honey on the counter before eating lunch. I spent the rest of the day watching tv. I didn't really feel like doing anything else.

+++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3