Bad Boy | Part 3

A little over a month had passed since I met Barns and his friends. I had grown close with all of them, which was nice. Having them in my life made me feel less alone. I was busy working when my phone buzzed. A big smile spread across my face when I saw that Barns had texted me. I'm pretty sure I was developing a crush on him, but I was trying to ignore it. The last time I had a crush on someone I was left feeling embarrassed and heartbroken. I pressed my thoughts aside and opened the text message.

Barns: Hey! Do you wanna hangout later this afternoon?

Barns: If you can't it's okay. We can hangout some other time.

Me: Sure, I can hangout later. What time?

Barns: Probably around 4:00pm?

Me: Sounds great!

Me: I'll see you then. :)

Barns: Okay. :)

I was glad I was able to hangout with him this afternoon. Especially since I hadn't been able to spend time with him lately. I wondered if the others would be with us or not. I finished up the work I needed to do and started feeling  hungry. So I decided to grabbed something for lunch. I looked in my cupboards as well as my fridge. After a few minutes I decided to just make a grilled cheese sandwich. When my food was finished I grabbed a bag of chips and headed into the living room. I watched a little tv as I ate my lunch. My day kinda went by slow after that. Especially since I was looking forward to seeing Barns.

I decided to change my outfit before getting ready to go. I went to our favorite bar, which was nice. Especially since I liked the friendly staff and stuff. Plus the food was really good. When I walked into the bar I spotted Barns at a smaller table. 'I guess the others aren't coming.' I said inside of my head as I walked over to him. "Hey, come here." He said with a smile once he spotted me. He stood up and opened his arms to hug me. I couldn't help but to smile back as I hugged him. He had the most contagious smiles and the best hugs. When we sat down a waitress came over. She asked us what we wanted to drink.

I ordered a black coffee and Barns ordered a beer. "So, how have things been?" He asked me curiously. "Things have been good. I'm sorry I haven't been able to hangout as much." I replied feeling a little guilty. "It's okay. I know you've been busy. I'm just glad you were able to hangout tonight. " He said with a smile. "Thanks. I'm glad I was able to hangout too." I said with a small smile. The waitress came back and gave us our drinks. We asked the waitress for a few more minutes, we hadn't looked at the menus yet. I looked over the options and decided to get a burger and fries. Barns ended up ordering the same thing.

We talked and ate, which was nice. It was my first time just hanging out with him alone. We were usually with our friends. "Would you like to share a milkshake with me?" Barns asked a while after we finished eating. I got butterflies and blushes a little. "Sure." I replied. "What flavor do you want?" He asked. "What about strawberry?" I asked curiously. "I love strawberry milkshakes." He replied with a smile. When the waitress came over he ordered us the strawberry milkshake. The waitress looked between the two of us for a moment before she left. I knew what she probably thought. She probably thought that Barns and I were dating.

A few minutes passed before the waitress came back. She sat down the strawberry milkshake down in front of us. There was a red cherry on top of the whipped cream. There were two red and white striped straws in the milkshake as well. "Go ahead and try it." He said, which surprised me a little. I took a sip of the milkshake and it tastes really good. "What do you think?" He asked. "It's really good." I said with a smile. He smiled back before taking a sip himself. We took turns taking sips for a while. But eventually we took a sip from the milkshake at the same time. When we looked up at each other I blushed a little. Hoping he didn't notice.

After a while we finished the milkshake and I helped him pay for the food. A lot of people were starting to come into the bar now. Everyone was getting off of work after all, plus it was a Friday. "Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asked as we left the bar. "Sure, a walk would be nice." I said with a smile. I followed him as we walked down the street. We talked and it took a while before I noticed that we were on some old train tracks. I stumbled a little on a large rock and Barns caught me. "Thanks." I replied with a small laugh. "Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his blue eyes. "Yeah, I'm okay." I said and relief filled his eyes.

To my surprise he gently grabbed my hand and held it as we kept walking. I felt warm inside as we held hands. I honestly wished that this moment wouldn't end, but I knew it would. I just enjoyed every second as we walked on the railroad tracks and held hands.

++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3

I finally managed to publish something yay!!