Nature Boy | Part 3

It was a warm summer day. The kind of heat that isn't sticky and uncomfortable. I was thankful that the humidity hadn't arrived yet. I decided to go on a walk to visit Barns. Ever since he showed me where he lived I had been visiting him more often. Today I wanted to see him again. He and I had became good friends. I walked down the path I first met him on. Then I vered off the path to go to his beautifully cozy home.

When I reached my destination I knocked on the door. A few moments passed before it opened. He was wearing the same outfit the day I met him. A leather jacket and white pinstriped button down. "I had a feeling you would be stopping by. Come in." He said with a smile on his plump lips. I followed him in and closed the door behind me. He lead me into the living room where I sat down. "Would you like some lemonade. Mine isn't too sweet, it's just right." He said.

"I would love some, thanks." I replied with a smile. He left the room and returned with two glasses of lemonade. I thanked him again once he handed me the glass. I took a sip, and he was right; his lemonade had the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It was refreshing as well. The two of us talked and he said how he had prepared a picnic for us. "How did you know I would visit you today?" I asked curiously. "Call it intuition." He replied mysteriously.

He gave me an enigmatic smile. We finished our lemonade before going outside. He laid down in the tall grass not far from his home. I joined his side and enjoyed the lovely weather. It was absolutely perfect. The sun was shinning, but it wasn't too hot even though we weren't in the shade. I laid on my back to look up at the sky. Big fluffy clouds silently floated above us. A slightly cool breeze rustled the leaves as well as the blades of grass.

We laid there quietly as we listened to sounds if nature. "I always feel so calm and relaxed when I'm with you." I said softly, glancing at him. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "I feel the same way when we're together. Although... I think our surroundings has an influence too." He replied happily. He was right. There was no way no one would be able to relax in a place like this. It's absolutely beautiful! It felt like this spot was a secret little haven.

Eventually we had our picnic in the grass. He had prepared some sandwiches for us. We drank more glasses of lemonade as well. As we ate a few squirrels approached us. I was surprised that the animals seemed so tame around Barns. I guess he might have tamed them over a long period of time. The squirrels were a little shy towards me, but eventually they warmed up to me. I glanced at Barns who was smiling at me. It made me feel warm inside.

After a while the animals left us to run up a tree. "I'm glad the animals like you." He said, breaking the comfortable silence. "I think that all had to do with you. You seem to have some kind of magical powers over them." I replied, and his blue eyes seemed to sparkle. He really was a magical sort of person. I wondered if he actually might have magical powers. If he did, that would explain a lot. But I didn't want to ask him. I'm sure he would probably want to keep that a secret.

+++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3