Bad Boy

After I got all of my groceries and essentials, I decided to stop at a local book store. As I walked around I spotted an interesting book. I picked it up off of the shelf and read the back of it to see what it was about. "You like mysteries. I'm more of a fantasy guy myself." A male voice caught my attention. When I looked up I found blue eyes looking at me. He had curly brown hair and plump looking lips. He was wearing a black leather jacked, adorned with various patches and pins.

A pair of round sunglasses were hanging from a necklace he had around his neck. He kinda looked like if Mc Jagger (lead singer of the Rolling Stones) and Steven Tyler (lead singer of Aerosmith) had a love child. But... more handsome in my opinion. "I like fantasy books too, but mysteries are my favorite." I replied with a shy smile. He smiled back and it made me feel warm inside. He just had one of those contagious smiles. "You must be new in town. My name is Barns by the way." He said. I guess he knew I was new in town because it's a very small town.

Everyone here knows everyone, and I'm clearly a stranger. "It's nice to meet you, I'm y/n." I replied. The two of us talked about books as we walked around the store. He seemed nice. There was something very interesting and intriguing about him. Plus he was so funny and charming. Oddly enough it felt kinda like I knew him all my life. Eventually  we walked up to the checkout counter. "Here's my number. If you wanna hangout or find a good place to eat just message me or give me a call." He said as he wrote his number on the back of a free paper bookmark.

"Thanks." I replied. I wasn't expecting him to give me his phone number after just meeting him. Things like that never happen to me. We said our goodbyes before he left the store. "You should stay away from him." The cashier said, catching me by surprise. "What?" I asked. "He's the resident bad boy in this town. Take it from me, you're better off staying away from him." She said. I didn't reply because I wasn't sure how to respond. 'If he's such a bad boy then why was he so nice?' I wondered.

I paid for my books and wished for her to have a good day. Then I headed home. On my way I spotted Barns and he was hanging out with some people. They were in front of a record store smoking cigarettes and joking around. All of them looked like they could have been in a rock band out of the 1990's. Barns spotted me and waved, smiling. I smiled and waved back as I kept walking. "Who was that?" I heard one of his friends ask before I was out of earshot. When I reached my car I put my bag of books on the passenger seat.

I put all of the groceries away when I got home. Then I decided to relax a bit and look at the books I bought. I found the paper bookmark in one of the books. I flipped it over and saw Barns's number written in blue ink. I grabbed my phone and put it into my contacts. What the book store cashier told me entered my head, but I decided to ignore it. I decided to send him a text and hoped for the best. I needed to make some new friends here anyway, and he seemed nice.

Me: Hey, it's me. Y/n from the book store.

I then put some music on and started to finish some unpacking.

++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3