Honey | Part 3

* Trigger Warning: Self harm *
+++++++++++++++++

The depression came back in full force again. Each time it feels worse than the last. I haven't told anyone in my life how I've been feeling besides my online friends. I just don't feel comfortable telling my mom or other family members. They're not very knowledgeable or understanding when it comes to mental health. And I can't afford to talk to a therapist. 'I should probably get something to eat for lunch.' I thought. I was sitting on the couch watching tv, but not really paying attention to what was on the screen. I let out a deep sigh and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and settled on making a peanut butter and honey sandwich. I ended up using the last of the honey.

'I wonder if Barns will have any more honey?' I thought as I finished making my sandwich. I took my cellphone out of my pocket and decided to text him rather than call. I didn't have the energy to talk over the phone.

Me: Hey, it's me y/n.

I hoped that he had saved my number in his phone when I called him last month. Otherwise he probably wouldn't know who was texting him.

Barns: Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?

Me: Well... I haven't been doing the best.

Me: How have you been?

Barns: I've been okay.

Barns: What's wrong? Is there something I can do?

Me: Well, I don't know if you can help with what has been bothering me. But... do you happen to have any honey?

Barns: Haha. Sure, I'll save a couple of jars for you.

Barns: If you come down I can give them to you.

Me: Well... I don't really feel like going out anywhere today. I'm sorry.

Barns: That's okay. If you give me your address I can stop by.

Me: Okay, thanks.

After texting him I sat down on the couch and ate lunch. I enjoyed my sandwich and changed the channel. It was late in the afternoon when I heard a car pull up to the house. I glanced outside and saw a vehicle I didn't recognize. When Barns stepped out I relaxed a little. I walked over to the door and opened it before he got onto the porch. "Hey." He said with a smile as he walked closer to me. "Hey." I said with a small smile as well. When he got closer I realized that I was wearing a short sleeve shirt. He couldn't see the scars on my wrists due to the insane amount of bracelets I had on. "I saved two large jars of honey. Plus I also added some extras for you." He said, and I felt warm inside. "You didn't have to give me any extra things." I replied, shyly.

"I wanted to." He said with a warm look in his eyes. "Thank you." I said with a small smile. I invited him in and he closed the door. We walked into the kitchen where he sat the brown paper bag on the counter. "Would you like something cold to drink?" I asked. It had been a really warm day today. "Sure." He replied with a small smile. I grabbed two glasses out of the cupboard and filled them with ice. Then I poured fresh lemonade into them. "Thanks." He said as I handed the glass to him. We sipped out lemonade and I thanked him for the honey. When I looked into the bag I noticed he gave me more lotion and lip balm. I was actually very grateful for that, because I recently ran out of lip balm. I was running low on lotion as well.

"How have you been?" He asked curiously after a few minutes of comfortable silence. "I've been okay I guess." I replied awkwardly. I didn't expect him to ask me that. "I only ask because, well... I saw your scars the first day we met." He said with a sympathetic look in his pretty blue eyes. I felt uncomfortable from what he said and looked down at my feet. "Thanks for asking. The truth is... I... I haven't been doing well." I admitted shyly; I didn't even look at him. "Come here." He said softly as he stepped closer. I glanced up and we made eye contact before he wrapped his arms around me. I hesitated for a moment before wrapping my arms around his torso. I melted into the hug and snuggled into his chest. His comforting scent made me feel safe in his arms.

After a few moments we slowly broke the hug. "Thank you." I said softly as we looked into each other's eyes. "No problem. Whenever you need a hug all you have to do is text me." He said softly with a small smile on his face. I invited him into the living room where we sat and talked. "I should get going." He said after checking the time on his phone. "Oh, okay." I replied, feeling a little disappointed. I didn't really want him to leave, but I knew he couldn't stay. So I thanked him again for everything, including the hug. I watched as he backed out of the driveway. When he saw me he smiled and waved goodbye. I waved as well. I couldn't push away the feeling of wanting to see him again.

++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3