chapter 44

Seo-jun sits on my desk and listens as I tell him about something random that comes to my head, I just really like talking if I'm being honest. "Mm, that's really cool," He nods.

"Are you even listening?" I pout and cross my arms.

"Of course, you were talking about baby elephants and lionesses," He nods and I uncross my arms.

"You've been saved this time but next time you won't be so lucky," I wag my finger at him and he laughs and squishes my cheek.

"Cute," He smiles and my glare returns.

"Omo!" I hear an exclamation next to me and I turn and see Si-hyun looking at the two of us. "Are you two dating?" She points between us, "Is he the one who gave you flowers?"

Ji-young gasps, "I thought it was the boy you brought to the school fair!" I shake my head. I look around to find and escape when the perfect distraction materializes at the door.

"Jjoo!" I point and they all turn around to the door to see Jjoo and Su-ho walking into the class hand in hand. They all make sounds of surprise as they stare at the adorable couple.

"Why does my courting you have to be a secret?" Seo-jun whispers to me.

"Everyone thought you liked Jjoo so it would be awkward,"

"It would not," He glares and pouts. "I'm telling them,"

"What?" He sticks his tongue out.

Su-ho walks Jjoo to her seat and pulls out the chair for her and I look up at Seo-jun and rest my elbows in his lap, "Why don't you ever do that for me?"

"Stand up," He orders and I frown before standing, he pulls the chair that I had just tucked in out and gestures for me to sit down, I laugh and sit in the chair and everyone's cheers get even louder.

"I thought you two weren't together!" Hyun-kyu exclaims and holds a fake mic out to Seo-jun who had just reseated himself on top of my desk. Seo-jun fakes grabbing the mic from him and holds it to his mouth.

"We aren't," Everyone makes noises of disappointment, "But I like her!" The cheers arise again and I hide my reddening face. "But she doesn't like me," The noises of disappointment start again, "Yet!" Everyone cheers more and Seo-jun hops off my desk proudly as Mr. Han walks into the classroom. A downhearted and tired Mr. Han makes his way to the podium and looks at all of us and we all bow in greeting.

"Let's go home now, guys," He nods at us and I jump up immediately.

"Thank you, Mr. Han!" I salute and start grabbing my bag.

"But, Mr. Han, school just started," Someone behind me says, I turn around and glare at them but before I could continue leaving the school Soo-ah grabs my arm and sits me back down in my seat.

"Yes, I know," Mr. Han sighs and everyone looks at each other in confusion, Mr. Han's eyes finally land on someone behind me, "You're not supposed to be in our class so please stand up," My eyes widen when I realize he's talking about Jjoo.

"Mr. Han," Hyun-kyu points at Jjoo, "She's Im Ju-kyung,"

"Yes, I know," He nods in a daze and looks back at the floor, he finally processes the words and furrows his eyebrows together, "Im-Im Ju-kyung?"

"Yes?" Jjoo looks up at him.

"Ju-kyung-ah, is that you?" His face grows concerned and Jjoo nods with a slow smile on her face, "Ju-kyung-ah..." He coughs out and closes his eyes, facing his podium, "Ju-kyung-ah, I'm so glad you're back," His expression quickly grows relieved, "I mean- I was- I was so-" He makes a sound of pain, patting the middle of his chest, "I was so worried about you," He turns around and faces the board and we all look at each other in confusion, I turn towards Jjoo and mouth, 'Is this about Hee-kyung unnie?' and she nods and mouths, 'I think so,' back.