chapter 6

"Where's Ju-kyung?" I ask Soo-ah.

"I'm not sure, she ran out of the classroom a few minutes ago," Why is this girl always running? I'll go find her, class is boring without her. I walk around the school a few times before making my way to the courtyard where I see Ju-kyung sitting on a bench with a younger boy. "Ya! Lim Ju-kyung," I say she jumps a bit and I walk up to her.

"You scared me," She smiles at me.

"I miss you, class is boring, I've been looking for you for the past 5 minutes," I whine, the boy stares at me in shock, I grab her hand, attempting to pull her up.

The boy stands up randomly and puts his hand out, "Hi, I'm Ju-kyung's brother, Lim Ju-gyeong,"

"Oh, it's nice to meet you!" I smile at him and shake his hand, "Do you mind if I steal your sister?"

"No, it's fine, it's all good," He smiles weirdly and waves, sitting back down. I hook arms with her again and pull her out of her seat. As I'm leaving, I hear Ju-gyeong's friends talking about Ju-kyung.

English class was just a free class for me so I just put my head down and tried to sleep. There's a loud tapping behind me that disrupts my attempts and I look back to a worried looking Ju-kyung, why was this girl always in some type of shit? I give her an 'are-you-okay' glance and she just nods back, continuing to bounce her leg and occasionally stealing glances at Su-ho, I just shrug it off. In science, I'm sitting in front of her and she keeps looking behind me. I turn around and see Su-ho doing the experiment the teacher told us to do. What was going on? She's still staring behind me as the glass tube slowly slips out of her fingers. "Are you okay? Get her some tissues!" Soo-ah pats her arm.

"Ju-kyung, are you sick?" The teacher asks, breaking her stare.

"No, I'm okay," She shakes her head as Soo-ah and I wipe her hand.

On our ten-minute break, I was just talking to Soo-ah and Soo-jin, Ju-kyung had gone missing, once again. Randomly Ju-kyung comes bursting through the doorway and hits the desks at the back of the class. "Ju-kyung? What's wrong?" Soo-ah asks just as Su-ho walks through the door.

"Lim Ju-Kyung," Su-ho says, Ju-kyung whips her head back towards him as he starts walking towards her, "I'll take-" Ju-kyung lets out a yelp and falls to the floor, we all quickly go to her to see what's wrong.

"Ju-kyung? What's the matter?" I ask, patting her arm, she just gulps in response.

"Did you do something wrong?" Su-ho stares down at her, "Why do you keep running away?" Ju-kyung looks like she's at a loss for words, "The science teacher wants me to photocopy this textbook for you, I marked all the parts we learned before you came, so photocopy the marked pages and bring it back, and also, make an extra copy for Ha-eun," He hands her the textbook.

"Oh, you want me to photocopy this?" She puts her shaky hand out and grabs the textbook. She starts laughing an awkward laugh that kind of sounded like a cry and fans herself. Now I'm concerned, what the fuck was going on? "You want me to go with you?" I ask her, she nods and we walk together.

"What's happening with Su-ho?" I ask, concerned.

"It's just... He has something on me... And my brother told me he might want revenge..." She shakes her head.

"That's probably not the case, he has too much on his plate to worry about revenge," I pat her hand, trying to comfort her.

"Yeah, you're probably right," But she doesn't look fully convinced.

✦•················•✦

"Oppa, you want to watch a drama with me?" I ask him, flopping down on our sofa and flicking on the TV.