chapter 31

Seo-jun glares at me from the other side of the table and I shrug and continue eating my fried chicken. Finally, after 3 hours, I got my fried chicken. "Why do you want to work part-time?" Seo-jun asks Jjoo, finally straying his gaze from me so I can eat in peace.

"So I can go to a makeup academy," She responds.

"'A makeup academy'?" Seo-jun asks, widening his eyes.

"I was thinking about what to write on the desired career form so I thought about what I enjoyed most and putting makeup on popped into my head," I looked down at my phone and noticed Su-ho calling me.

"What's up, Superman?" I pick up as Jjoo and Seo-jun continue talking.

"Where's Ju-kyung?"

"We're eating fried chicken," I say happily.

"Why isn't she picking up my calls?"

"I don't know," I responded, "She'll probably call you back," And he hangs up without saying anything back, rude.

"You've had many girlfriends, right?" Jjoo asks and I continue listening to their conversation, curious.

"Why do you ask?"

"What do you save them as in your phone?" She asks, leaning in, she asked me this same question when she found out Su-ho had her saved as 'Im Ju-kyung' on his phone. "Do guys not care about things like that?"

He crosses his arms and looks at her again, "We do care. When I get a girlfriend, I save them as something really sweet, like 'my baby, princess' things like that, with hearts too," I doubt that, but good job impressing Jjoo.

"I see," She nods, "That's right, do you remember what I told you on the trip?"

"I don't want to hear it, so don't say it," He says through a mouth full of food.

"I'm going out with Su-ho," That's crazy, she told Seo-jun before even telling Soo-ah. He stops eating and glares at her.

"You never listen to me, I told you not to tell me," She puts her chopsticks down and glares as well.

"I don't want to either but I bawled my eyes out about liking him, how could I not tell you?"

"I won't congratulate you," I think they forgot that I was here.

"You're eating so much, should I get another order?"

"Forget it!" He puts his chopsticks down aggressively. "The others don't seem to know." My phone rings, making them turn to me.

"Sorry," I smile awkwardly and pick up In-su's call. "Hi, In-su-ya?" I stand up trying to walk to a quiet place. Seo-jun grabs my arm, pulls me down and snatches my phone. "Ya!" I exclaim as he hangs up.

"You said you don't talk to him much,"

"He called me!" I try grabbing my phone back, "Let me talk to him, weirdo,"

"No,"

"Please, we're planning something, it's important,"

"What? Your date?" he scoffs.

I close my eyes and count to three to calm down, "No, we're hanging out,"

"Then let me come too,"

"Will you stop being annoying?" I groan but he shakes his head stubbornly, "Fine, I won't call him, will you give it back now?" He hands me my phone but keeps a hold on my wrist, I'll just call him back once I get home. I try shaking his grip from my wrist but he pulls me down so I'm sitting on his lap and rests his hand holding my wrist on my lap.