chapter 25

"I'm MC Jae-rong!" A man in all pink steps out into the field in front of us. "The cutest recreation MC ever!" He yells in his mic and we all cheer, "Do you know the newspaper game?" We all respond with an excited, 'Yes,' and a few nods and he continues, "A team consists of four people. Choose someone who you think would be really good... or someone you like," He winks and I catch Jjoo sneak a glance at Su-ho. "Go on! Gather in groups!" I look around and my throat burns up and I hold my stomach for a second.

"Ha-eun?" Su-ho's voice comes from beside me, "Are you okay?" He lightly touches my back and my ears blur out, I give him a quick thumbs up to tell him to go on without me but he stands still beside me and crouches down as I crouch down as well.

"I'm fine," I comforted, still holding my stomach, "Go get Jjoo before she leaves," I wave him away but he shakes his head.

"Tae-hoon said he'd get us to be paired up anyway, do you need to see a teacher?"

I shake my head, "This happens a lot, I'll be fine in a few seconds," He sits beside me as I control my breathing and exhale loudly. "I'm good now," I nod. He smiles and stands up and we make our way towards Soo-ah and Tae-hoon. "Where's Jjoo?" I look around.

"Seo-jun took her!" Soo-ah squeals dramatically, "They're over there together!"

"Where's Soo-jin?" I ask.

"She left because she wasn't feeling good and she thought this game was stupid," Tae-hoon shakes his head and I run my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Let me explain!" The MC draws our attention back to him, "Fold the newspaper and stand on top of it, if you manage to stand on it for 5 minutes, you succeed! Go!"

"We better win," I pointed accusingly, focusing a bit more on Tae-hoon.

"Why're you looking at me?!" He exclaims, offended.

"Shush," Soo-ah hits his arm, "Hwaiting!" We all crowd together on the small newspaper and hold each other's backs for support. Soo-ah grabs Tae-hoon's hair and he exclaims in pain, I look up to brush some hair from my face when I see Su-ho glaring at something in the distance, I already knew what it was but I followed his line of sight and I saw Jjoo and Seo-jun holding onto each other on the newspaper and I immediately avert my gaze at the clenching of my heart.

"Congratulations to the three remaining teams!" The MC exclaims, I hadn't even noticed the five seconds go by, we all high five—well, everyone but Su-ho—and cheer. "They're so passionate! Okay, now listen up, this is important," We all quiet down and face him again, "These three teams are too good so I'm going to upgrade the game a bit more, fold the newspaper to fourths of its current size,"

Soo-ah bends down to fold the paper as I hear Jjoo say, "What're you doing?" I turn around to see Seo-jun carry her bridal style and gulp down the bitterness rising up my throat. Su-ho seems to be in an even worse state than me, he starts walking towards them but Tae-hoon pulls him back and shakes his head. I kinda wanted to see Seo-jun get beaten up, no I didn't, the Plan, the Plan... I'm deep in thought when an arm loops around the back of my knees and under my back, I immediately hook my arms around Su-ho's neck with a gasp.

"You couldn't have warned me?" I scold.

"You should've been prepared," He says as he glares at Seo-jun and Seo-jun glares back at the two of us, I look over at him and his glare darkens even more, I send him a thumbs up and he just turns his head away from me, staring at the MC.

"Great!" The MC claps and Su-ho stands there carrying me like it's nothing even though I'm pretty sure I'm quite heavy. I readjust my arms around his neck, avoiding Seo-jun's eyes and deciding to look at Cho-rong instead. He's carrying all his friends on his back and in each of his arms and grunting in pain. The MC starts counting down from 5 once he notices Cho-rong struggling, "5... 4... 3..." At three Cho-rong lets out one last grunt and drops all of them on the ground, falling himself. "The all guys team is out! The remaining two teams passed the game! They're doing great but there has to be a winner, so the team that fails is the loser,"