chapter 32

"You can't just write 'be rich'," Mr. Han sighs.

"But it's what I want to do in the future,"

"How are you gonna get there? How are you gonna be rich?"

"My dad," I answered simply.

Mr. Han shakes his head, "Is there anything you're passionate about?" I bite my bottom lip and think about it, after a good two minutes Mr. Han sighs again, "Here, think about it and then give this back to me," He hands back my paper and I walk back to the classroom, thinking. I have like zero passions; all I do in my freetime is dance and go on my phone.

"No way!" Ju-kyung exclaims in the middle of Mr. Han's lecture and we all turn to look at her in surprise.

"Okay..." Mr. Han says surprised, "Since Ju-kyung's so against it, I won't make you guys study more for the final exam," I sigh in relief, I could kiss the ground at her feet right now. Everyone cheers and claps as Jjoo stares at all of us.

At the end of the day, I'm walking out of the school with Jjoo when Su-ho runs up to us. "Ju-kyung! Where are you going?" He asks then stares at me awkwardly once he realizes I'm here.

"It's okay," Jjoo tells him, "She knows," Su-ho nods.

"We have a group study today, you wanna walk with me?" He asks and smiles and she smiles back, about to nod when Soo-jin appears behind us and weeds her way in between Jjoo and Su-ho.

"Are you heading to the study room?" She asks him and he glances at Jjoo.

She looks downhearted before looking back up at them, "I don't think can go today," She fake coughs, "I feel sick," She starts walking away and I frown before turning to the two of them, if Jjoo's not going I don't really have a reason to go either.

"I don't think I can go either," Soo-jin tilts her head in confusion, "I have to help my brother with something, you two have fun though," I wave goodbye to them and run after Jjoo, hooking arms with her. "What's wrong?"

"Soo-jun likes Su-ho,"

"You're dating Su-ho,"

"But what if—" I put a finger on her lips, shushing her.

"No what if's, you're happy, he's happy, if Soo-jin really cares she'll get it, got it?" Jjoo nods and I walk her to the gate and we part ways once I see my brother waiting for me.

✦•················•✦

"Hi, guys!" I say happily when I catch Soo-jin and Jjoo standing next to each other awkwardly and Jjoo greets me with a grateful smile. "Did you wait long?"

"Nope, I just got here," Ju-kyung says, smiling and hooking arms with me.

"Let's go to that store!" Soo-jin points and we all enter a chic looking store.

"Do you wanna buy a hat?" Jjoo asks, looking at what Soo-jin was looking at.

"Yeah, which one do you like?" Soo-jin weeds through the different options.

Jjoo and I look with her and Jjoo smiles when she sees something, "What about this one?" She points at a white one, "It'll look good on you,"

Soo-jin laughs lightly but there's no humor behind her eyes, "It's not for me, I want to give it to Su-ho," Jjoo's smile slowly fades and I squeeze her hand lightly.

"Lee Su-ho?" She asks.

"Yeah, his family and mine ate together a few days ago and he saved me,"

Jjoo tries to put a smile on her face, "Ah, what do you mean? Saved you?"