chapter 30

"She's here!" Someone calls out and points at Jjoo. It's currently Monday morning after a long and tiring weekend where I did absolutely nothing and everyone in the class is talking about Jjoo with her new boyfriend. Soo-ah immediately jumps out of her seat and runs over to Jjoo, grabbing her arm and leading her to her seat, "Ya, ImJjoo, you got a boyfriend and you didn't tell me?" Soo-ah pouts, "Where does he go? If he doesn't go to this school, where does he go? Tell me!" Soo-ah stomps her foot.

"Who told you that?" Jjoo looks around at all of us and locks eyes with me and I just make an 'I-don't-know' face since by the time I walked into the room they were all already in full gossip mode so I had no idea who started it. Soo-ah looks over and points and all our heads turn and look at Hyun-kyu.

"I saw them at K-mall!" He says innocently, "She was hiding him so we wouldn't see," Jjoo walks over to him grumpily and stops in front of him and crosses her arms angrily.

"Ya! I told you that wasn't what happened,"

"Why be embarrassed about dating someone?" Hyun-kyu scoffs, "You're overreacting a bit, someone might think you're dating an idol or something," Everyone 'oooo's and starts teasing Jjoo as she lowers her head and stalks back over to her seat.

"Tell me who it is, are you seeing someone?" Soo-ah pesters.

"That's not what happened," Jjoo waves her off.

"Then what's he on about?"

"Hya!" Seo-jun yells randomly and we all jump in surprise. "Go back to your seats," I knew it just needed some time to sink in. The people around him trip over their own feet to get back to their desks and sit down before he has another temper tantrum.

During our ten minute break I was just yapping to Jjoo about a dream I had last night while she was on her phone, occasionally responding with an 'mhm' or 'yeah'. I'm about to ask her if she's even listening, which she clearly isn't, when she sets her phone down only to receive a notification and pick it right back up. I groan and almost snatch it from her when she gasps dramatically. "What?" I ask looking over her shoulder to see she had accidentally sent a picture of her and Su-ho to Hyun-kyu.

"Ahn Hyun-kyu?" She looks at me worriedly, "Why him of all people?"

"Honestly," I agree, "He gossips more than me and Soo-ah combined," She groans and looks around quickly, trying to find him.

"Let's go find him," She says and stands up and I follow her out of the room. We start down the hallway and I almost run into her as she stops behind a pillar and stares at Hyun-kyu.

"All we need to do is grab his phone and delete that picture, got it?"

"Yeah," She says shakily.

"You grab it, I'll distract," She nods surely and runs for it, she runs into Hyun-kyu and his friends trying to copy the Stray Kids 'Thunderous' move where they sit on eachothers backs and they all fall over. I pull out my phone, fix my hair and reapply my lip oil before walking out there and leaning down beside Hyun-kyu. "Are you okay?" I ask sweetly, cringing at the sound of my own voice.

He seems at a loss for words and just nods dumbly before shaking out of his daze and clearing his throat, "I'm great," His voice drops an octave, I stifle my laugh and help him stand up by grabbing his hand and pulling him up. I slyly tuck my hair behind my ear and smile innocently.

"You guys should be more careful, you don't wanna get hurt," He stutters but just ends with a smile as his friends start dragging him back to class once the break was over and he turns back around and winks at me, I give him two awkward thumbs up back and walk into the class behind them. Before I sit down I crouch beside Jjoo and whisper, "Did you get in?" She shakes her head and I huff, I did all that for nothing? I sit in my seat and stare at the history teacher, not fully processing his words.