chapter 1

Chicago was beautiful around this time of year. I look out the large window almost covering half of the wall. "Ha-eun-a?" My brother asks, breaking my thoughts.

"Hm?" I look over at him.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"I don't want to be?" Obviously.

"You know you have to go to school,"

"I'll be rich anyways," I scoff, he's so dramatic.

"And who told you that?"

"I mean, think about it, oppa, appa's gonna give the company to you and then you'll be rich and you'll provide for me because if you don't then you'll get in trouble and I don't have to run the company or anything, I can just sit here!" I grin.

"Wow, you've got your whole life planned, don't you?" I give him a full teeth smile. He sits down and pats my bare calf. "Get up and go to school or I'll tell eomma," I groan and stand up and stomp my way to my room. If you can't tell, I'm going through a bit of a rebellious teenager phase, it's a bit more extra than most people's rebellious teenager phases since I can just not go to school 'cause my parents are rich and they don't really care all that much, you know? I pull on random shorts and one of my brother's shirts. I can't believe he's actually making me go to school. My brother is kinda like my guardian, I'd say. He takes care of me, feeds me, buys things for me, teaches me, tutors me, all of the usual stuff parents are supposed to do.

My parents are rich, busy and famous people who have loads of influence all around the world so I don't really have many things I should be ungrateful for. Especially sitting in a room that could fit two normal sized apartments. But I'm just a teenage girl, you can't expect me to not care that I don't get any parental affection.

I grab my backpack and walk out my bedroom door. "Oppa!" My voice rings through the house. My brother jogs down the spiral staircase and grabs his keys. "This is the last time I'm driving you,"

"Next time I'll just drive myself," He glares at me, knowing I'm not joking. I can't actually drive, but I probably won't crash. Maybe. He unlocks the car and I sit in the passenger seat, buckling my seatbelt. "Why can't you just ask appa to get me a chauffeur?"

"Because, even if we're rich, we can't be spoiled,"

I lean my head back and glance out the window, "Our parents are willing to spoil us,"

"And so what?" He looks over at me, flicking my shoulder since we stopped at a red light, "You want to be a rich, spoiled brat?"

"Kind of, don't you?" I ask him, "I mean, I would rather my parents do anything to get me into a good university than my parents not give a shit about my education,"

"You want your parents to start committing crimes?" He chuckles.

"You've been watching too much Penthouse," I roll my eyes, "I just wish they'd be like, normal. You know? Like give me expensive tutors and send me to a private school,"

"I don't think that's normal, Ha-eun-a, people would kill to be where you are right now,"

"Yeah, you're right," I still can't help but wish. I kind of wish my parents would be willing to do as much as the parents in The Penthouse would do for their kids, sure I don't want my parents to start killing people but I want to know they'd be willing to, for me.

✦•················•✦

"Hey, Lana!" Mari laughs, "Did you try to skip again?"

"Mhm," I gave her a pout, "My brother caught me again,"

"Ooo we're talking about Lana's hot brother again," Tay appears and slides into the seat next to mine.