chapter 5

My phone rings, waking me up from my nap, "What?" I ask groggily, 7 pm to 8 pm was my nap hour who dares disturb me now?

"Hello?" A voice responds, I recognize the voice but I can't quite pin-point where I've heard it before.

"Who is this?" I ask, still half asleep.

"You know who this is,"

"No, I don't, that's why I said 'who is this'," I wouldn't have normally said that but this person interrupted my nap hour.

A strangled sound came from the other end, it sounded like someone trying desperately to suppress a laugh, "You have my helmet,"

And all the pieces fall into place, "Han Seo-jun?" How'd he get my number?

"That's me,"

"Oh, shit, right," I said in English because my English always comes out when I don't know what to say.

"Did you just swear at me?" He responds in English with this really adorable accent. Not adorable.

"Shit, sorry," I almost hit my head, I need to wake up, I switch back to korean, "I'm in the middle of something important right now," Napping, "I'll give it to you tomorrow,"

"It's really expensive, if there's even one scratch on it..."

"You pulled on my Chanel purse," I meant to say that in my head.

"Sorry?" He chuckles really quietly so I have to strain my ears to hear, "Your Chanel purse?"

"It was 8000 dollars, an eye for an eye," I say the last phrase in English.

"Eye for eye?" He asks, confused.

"It's an English phrase, it means revenge basically,"

"Ahh, don't you dare take your revenge on my precious helmet,"

"I'll give it to you as soon as I can,"

"Alright, get back to whatever important thing you were doing," I hang up and snuggle back in my covers but my alarm rings merely two minutes after I lay my head back on my pillow. I groan and put my face in my pillow, I wasted my precious nap time on this dumb thing.

✦•················•✦

Soo-ah's telling me about some drama that she heard was going on with the juniors when I hear a loud yelp that sounded like Ju-kyung from the back of the class. I turn around and see Seo-jun say something and Ju-kyung whisper something back before running off. Well, that was odd. "What was that about?" He mutters as he turns around, I quickly switch to looking at Soo-ah again before he catches my eye.

✦•················•✦

Gym class rolls around and the class is playing dodgeball, boys on one side and girls on the other. Sadly, I'm on Soo-jin's opposite side so all I can do is yelp as I try to avoid the balls she keeps sending in my direction at a really high speed. Ju-kyung hits Soo-ah and we high-five, Soo-ah pouts back. The ball rolls away and I shout, "I'll get it!". I run over to the ball and crouch down to pick it up when a foot steps on it.

"Ya, where's my helmet?" I knew I was forgetting something.

"I forgot it," I tried snatching the ball from under his foot but he just pressed down harder.

"You said you'd bring it today," Again with the glares. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a yellow ball flying directly towards Seo-jun's head, I almost don't warn him but out of the goodness in my heart I point over his shoulder and say, "Watch out!"