chapter 21

"Cheers!" We bump our drinks together (sadly, they're not beer) and take a sip.

"I'm getting drunk," Ju-kyung jokes, putting it down and I open our food.

"Mmm, it smells so good," I lean closer. She takes a bite and I lean towards her in anticipation. "How is it?"

"Mm, it's so good," She laughs, leaning back, "I'm so stupid,"

"You are," I laugh, agreeing, "There's no homeroom in college!" We both burst out in laughter.

"Thank you," She smiles at me.

"Why're you thanking me?"

"Actually, I was a total outcast in my old school,"

"Really?" I look up at her in confusion, she's gorgeous and so sweet. How could she be an outcast?

"But I'm so happy because I have a friend like you," I touch my chest and smile at her.

"That made my day," I grin and take another bite, "I used to be an outcast too," She tilts her head at me in confusion, "Back in my old school, up until 11th grade I was conventionally ugly, and annoying, so everyone hated me and I had no friends," She stares at me sadly and I shrug, brushing it off, "And I also felt like an outcast in my own house sometimes, you know?" She shakes her head, "My family is really distant and my parents don't really care that much about me and my brother was always busy so I had no one, I would just sit alone at school and then come home and be alone again," She stares at me sadly. "But, I'm okay now," I smile, trying to cheer her up, "I have you," I blow her a kiss and wink.

"Cheers," She held up her drink and I cheered with her.

✦•················•✦

I walk up the stairs trying to memorize the names on the page in deep concentration. "Cho Chi-hun, Pak Tu-jin and—" I almost ran straight into a tree but a hand protected my head from the impact.

"Urg," I groan, "Why'd you do that?"

"What?" Seo-jun stares at me confused.

"I would've missed the exam if my head burst open," I look at him.

"I wasn't protecting your head, I was protecting the tree," He slaps my head with his palm, "See, rock hard," And he starts walking away.

"What? A rock?" I scoff and run over to him, knocking his shoulder with mine.

"What're you reading?" He asks, looking over at my notebook.

"Don't talk to me," I put my hand up, "I can't fail this exam,"

"We have an exam today?" He's worse than me. He looks over at my book, confused, "What's that?"

"Literature, you idiot," I hit his head, "I know you don't care about school, I don't either, but this is another level,"

He snorts, "Like you get good grades,"

"At least I try," I flip my hair in his face. "What group were Cho Chi-hun, Pak Tu-jun and Park Mol-wol in?"

"Who cares if it was a sports team or a kpop group?"

"You idiot," I scoff, even I know this, "It's Cheongnopka, it'll be on the exam for sure so remember it," I glared at him. "And Saengmyungpa came to be in the 1930s,"

"Forget it!" He glares at me, "What's your favorite number, 1-5?"

"2?"

"I'll go with 5 for everything," He smiles and walks away. I shake my head and continue studying.