chapter 29

"Move faster," I groan, already seated on Seo-jun's motorcycle.

"You're so impatient,"

"I want to see I-seul unnie," He sighs and finally kicks his leg over and starts driving. The hospital is only two minutes away from the Baskin Robbins we were at but the traffic was slowing us down. Seo-jun sighed impatiently before revving up his engine, my eyes widened when I realized what he's about to do and I hooked my arms around tighter and closed my eyes. He starts weaving through the cars really fast and I rest my chin on his shoulder and sigh happily, the cars around us looked mad and I almost stuck my tongue out at them but I held back, I didn't really feel like causing problems. We stopped in front of the huge hospital and I pulled the helmet off my head, handing it to him. Once he gets off and puts the helmets back I grab his hand and start pulling him inside, "Let's go!" He laughs and follows me as I run into the hospital and stop by the reception.

"Are you here for a visitor's pass?" The reception lady asks and I nod, "Who are you here for?"

"Kim I-seul," I reply, waiting for the pass but it never comes.

"Sorry but she's currently in surgery," I frown.

"Why's that? We weren't told,"

The receptionist clicks a few keys and looks back at us, "Her legal guardian was called about it," Ahh, so they probably called her boyfriend.

"Can we go in and see her boyfriend?" I ask.

"I don't know..." She says unsurely and I look down sadly, she sighs and hands us two visitor passes, "If anyone asks, it wasn't me," I nod and smile at her, trying to keep the worry off my face. Seo-jun seems to sense it and puts his arm over my shoulders and leads me down the hall and into the hallway that led to the operating rooms. Once we get there we see unnie's boyfriend sitting on one of the chairs with his head in his hands, sobbing silently. I crouch down beside him and he looks up slowly at the sight of my feet, I gulp when I see his red eyes. "What's wrong?"

"The doctor said she had a brain bleed or something like that," He sniffles, "They said her survival rates are really low, the cancer plus the surgery and the brain bleed, it's almost zero percent," I gasp and almost fall back but Seo-jun catches me before I hit the floor. My tears start blurring my vision as Seo-jun sets me down in the seat next to unnie's boyfriend—Si-woo—and my legs start shaking uncontrollably and Seo-jun rests his hands on my knees, his cold hands against my bare skin calming me down. Tears continue making tracks down my face and I sniffle loudly and try wiping my tears with my hands. Seo-jun winces and closes his eyes before sighing and picking me up and carrying me to the other side of the chairs so I could lay down and use his lap as a pillow, he strokes my hair comfortingly and I close my eyes and let the tears slowly fall down the side of my face.

"What do I do?" I ask after a few minutes of the only sound around the empty room being my sobs.

"That's what I should be asking," He says softly. "Do you want me to call your brother?"

"He's on a business trip in China, he won't make it back in time," I draw shapes on Seo-jun's leg and sigh, "You can go, I'll just chill here for a while and then go home,"

"Are you crazy? I'm not leaving you like this,"

"I'll be fine, trust me, I'm stronger than I look,"

"I don't care," He huffs, "If I didn't have Go-woon while my mom was in surgery I probably would've broken down," I sigh at his stubbornness but inside I'm kinda glad, I'm glad someone is here with me when I'm facing one of the worst times of my life.

"You know what's sad?"

"Hm?"

"I was so mad at unnie," Tears leak out of my eyes when I think about it, "I was so mad she left me and my brother alone for so long but inside I just missed her so much and I couldn't tell her, actually, that's a lie, I didn't tell her, I had every facility at my disposal, I just didn't and now she's fucking dying, the person who literally made me who I am today is dying, I don't know what to do or feel anymore,"