chapter 10

Soo-jin was trying to teach me something about circles but my mind would not let me focus, it was grabbing on to anything to try and distract myself from this torture. "Are you paying attention?" A voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Hm?" I snap my head back, "Of course," Soo-jin sighs and shakes her head. I look in front of me to see Ju-kyung hitting her head with her pen and looking just as confused as me.

"How can you not know the basics?" Su-ho asks her.

"Well, that's how I am," Ju-kyung smiles awkwardly.

Su-ho sighs and pulls out his notebook, "As N tends to infinity, it ends up being N over N square..." Blah, blah, blah. My brain gave up listening to that too. How am I supposed to get through the first math test? My brain only started listening when Ju-kyung started talking about something that wasn't math again, I don't know how my mind does that.

"How can you fit all of this in that small head of yours," I hold back my laugh, "How smart are you? Do you have an IQ of over 150?"

"Why can't you focus for even a few minutes?" Su-ho snaps. "I bet you have a two digit IQ," I snort and everyone looks at me.

"I have a two digit IQ too," I shake my head and everyone laughs before Soo-jin tries to teach me again. I really want to cut my ears off with the butter knife sitting on the table.

When it was finally over Tae-hoon stumbles out of the room like a drunk person and puts his arms in the air, "Guys! To celebrate our first study session..."

"Let's go karaoking!" Soo-ah finishes and points at us.

"Yes!" Everytime I visited Korea as a kid with I-seul unnie she would always take us to karaoke bars.

"I'm in!" Ju-kyung smiles.

"Come on! Let's go!" Soo-ah grabs Tae-hoon with one arm and me with the other, I loop arms with Ju-kyung to drag her along.

In the room all 5 of us were singing and Su-ho was sitting on the couch and staring at us. It's been a while since I've had this much fun. We even did a little dance number and Ju-kyung and I had maracas. 'Cheer up, baby, cheer up, baby!" I belt my favorite song, I mean, who doesn't love TWICE? "I'm gonna take a bathroom break!" I shout over the noise and leave the room.

When I walk out of the bathroom I hear a really sweet song coming from one of the rooms, it honestly sounds almost professional. I walk through the halls and try to find where the voice is coming from. I stop at room 7 and press my ear to the door. The voice sounds oddly familiar but I just don't know where it's from. I sigh and just decide to go back to where my friends are. As I'm passing a window I stop because something caught my eye. I look closer and I'm right, it looks like Seo-jun's motorcycle, I look a bit closer and I see his black helmet and the little bits of yellow on it. Yup, Han Seo-jun was around here somewhere. If I could get him to come sing karaoke with us, maybe I could get him to serenade Ju-kyung or something like that. I go back into the room and use my amazing brains and my amazing matchmaking skills and I tell Ju-kyung, "I saw Han Seo-jun's bike outside, didn't his mom tell him not to ride it anymore?"

"Really?" Ju-kyung asks, "I'm gonna catch him now!" She runs outside and I pat myself on the back, I'm way too good at this.

"Ya, where's Ju-kyung?" Su-ho asks five minutes later, I can't let him fuck this up but as I'm about to open my mouth Soo-ah talks instead. "I saw her outside," Damn it. Su-ho goes outside and I slap my forehead and then follow him outside.

"Where's Ju-kyung? Did you not see her?" I ask.

"Her and Han Seo-jun are running from a group of people outside," Is it those bullies from the helmet night?