chapter 9

I'm standing outside the school in the cold with my phone pressed to my ear, my brother wasn't answering and he promised to pick me up today, it's almost dark outside! The rev of a motorcycle makes me jump backwards onto the sidewalk and thank god I did because Seo-jun stopped right where I had been a second ago, "Hop on," He holds out a helmet.

"I'm good," I shake my head, "My brother's gonna come,"

"Tell him not to, it's cold outside and it's forecasted to rain today," I grab the helmet, putting it over my head and text my brother he doesn't have to pick me up because I was carpooling with someone. Is it called carpooling if it's on a motorcycle? I don't have time to think about it because Seo-jun wraps my arms around himself and takes off, really really fast. I hold on tighter and I can barely hear over the wind in my ears. Where is he going this quickly? We finally stopped at a little gym. "What is this place? I thought we were going to my house,"

"I need to blow off some steam,"

"And you brought me because...?"

"You need to help me with Ju-kyung,"

"I thought I'd be helping you at a cafe or a house or something. Why are we at a boxing gym?"

"Just go along with it, I'll only stay for 40 minutes and then I'll drop you off at home, I have places to be too, you know. I'm not holding you captive," He rolls his eyes. But he might as well have been, why do I have to be in a boxing gym of all places? Seo-jun puts on his boxing mitts, gloves? I don't care, he just puts them on and starts hitting one of those punching bags really aggressively. "So, you know what Ju-kyung's like, right?"

"Clumsy and fun to laugh at,"

"Ya! Han Seo-jun! You can't get a girl to like you if you say mean things about them,"

"Then what do I say?"

"There's a lot of things you can say to describe a girl you like, you can say they're cute or pretty or sweet or funny, just pick three nice adjectives in case someone asks you what you think of her,"

"Why does that matter?"

"Because, if you tell someone then soon enough Ju-kyung's gonna hear about it, rumors travel fast in the school, so pick three,"

"Umm... She's pretty, cute and funny,"

"Did you really just repeat what I just told you?"

"I didn't say sweet,"

"Holy shit," This guy always brings out my English, "Be original, just think of something nice to say about her,"

"Alright..." He stops punching to think, "It's really cute when she's clumsy, she's really beautiful and... I like her smile," I clap.

"Good job! You're learning!"

"When someone asks, 'What do you think of Lim Ju-kyung', you're gonna pick one of those and say it, okay?" He nods, "Let's try." I cleared my throat, "So, what do you think of Lim Ju-kyung?" I say in my best boy voice, deepening my voice an octave. He bursts out laughing and I hit his arm, "Answer,"

"Alright, alright," He chuckles a few times before clearing his own throat, "I think she's really beautiful and I like her smile,"

"Good job! You're a fast learner!" I high-five his gloved up hand, "Lesson one, done! Now you know how to compliment her!"

"I have to compliment her?"

"Oh my god," I hit my forehead, "Of course you have to compliment her, like for example, if she trips don't just laugh at her, say something like, 'You're cute when you're clumsy,' and then help her up,"