chapter 23

I sit next to Soo-jin for our cram school but she's turned towards Su-ho so I just rest my chin in my palm, waiting for Ju-kyung to arrive. "Yeah, a bit," Su-ho responds to something Soo-jin previously said.

"Then let me borrow this," She snatches his hat and puts it on her head. I wince a bit, Jjoo would be upset if she saw that, but she doesn't know that's Su-ho's hat, right? Ju-kyung walks into the room and I try to catch her eye and wave her over but she looks between Su-ho and Soo-jin and Su-ho points to the seat next to him but she points to herself and walks to the back of the classroom. I sigh, how'd she know? I grab my book bag and make my way to the seat beside her.

"What's wrong?" I ask, I already knew but I just wanted to make sure.

"I'll tell you after," She points at the teacher as she starts talking about the CSATs (another exam I'm about to bomb, if you couldn't tell). Once the class is over I stand up and stretch and see Su-ho snatch his hat back from Soo-jin but once I look back Ju-kyung is already gone. I run out of the room and see her power walking down the hall and I jog a bit to walk next to her.

"Will you tell me what's wrong, now?"

"My mom tried to throw out my makeup yesterday," Nevermind, maybe I was wrong and Seo-jun did stand a chance.

"Really?" I ask as she hooks arms with me, "Was it because of the test," She nods sadly, "You know, I have a lot of extra makeup so if you're mom does that again you can just take some of mine,"

"Really?" She brightens up and lays her head on my shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you, Eun-ah," I grin brightly and blow her a kiss with my free hand.

✦•················•✦

I wake to a loud ding from my phone and I turn it on to see Seo-jun had texted me. This idiot, my phone was on DND. He probably pressed the 'Notify Anyway' and decided to ruin my sleep. Asshole: 'Help,'

Asshole: 'I don't know what to get Go-woon for her birthday,'

Asshole: 'Come to the mall,'

Me: 'Right now?'

Asshole: 'Did you sleep in again?'

Asshole: 'Weirdo,'

Asshole: 'It's fine Ju-kyung's helping me,'

Me: 'Hwaiting!' I send him a demon emoji and I can practically see him roll his eyes on the other side of the phone. My heart pings a bit when I realize that he decided to go with Ju-kyung instead of waiting for me but I just ignore it and lay back down, only to be interrupted by another notification. I sit up again, groaning and open my phone to see who texted. Superman: 'Why's Ju-kyung with Seo-jun,'

Me: 'Why would I know?'

Superman: 'Aren't you close with both of them?'

Me: 'I'm not close with Seo-jun for the love of god,'

Me: 'But they're picking out a present for Seo-jun's sister's birthday,'

Superman: 'And she says she's not close with him,'

Me: 'Oh shut up, why do you want to know anyway?'

Superman: 'None of your business,'

Me: 'You wanna go stalk them with me?'

Superman: 'Duh,'

Su-ho appears in front of my house and I walk up to him. "That was quick," I laugh.