chapter 36

I walk into the hospital room and stop in my tracks when I see Su-ho's dad looming over an uncomfortable looking Su-ho's bed. "Hey, Superman!" I exclaim, trying to distract him from his dad. "I brought food!" I grin and hold the bag up and walk over to his bedside.

The door opens again and Ms. Han walks in, "Seo-jun-ah, eomma's here!" She grins and then notices Mr. Lee, "Aigoo, hello," She bows politely and Mr. Lee bows back before nodding goodbye and walking out of the room.

"Good riddance," Su-ho mutters and I nod in agreement. "What'd you bring?" He asks excitedly as I sit on the stool on the side of his bed.

"Ms. Hong wanted to send you food so I decided to deliver it," I opened the bag and see a bunch of food, rice and a bunch of side dishes and set it down on the floor before clicking the button and sitting Su-ho upright and spinning his side table around and setting up all the dishes on it.

He looks at it all wide-eyed and grins. "Ms. Hong really outdid herself," He says in awe.

"Of course, it's for her future son in law," I pinch his cheek and he glares at me, "That was her words, not mine," I say innocently.

"You're annoying," He grins and I stick out my tongue and uncap the last metal container and hand him chopsticks and a spoon.

"There you go, look at my baby eat," We both look longingly over at Ms. Han feeding Seo-jun. I wish my mom would feed me like that. I shake my head and look back down at Su-ho, signalling for him to eat.

"This reminds me about how I used to feed you when you were little," She smiles lovingly, "When did Mr. Trickle get so big?" Seo-jun blushes and hides his face in embarrassment, "Ha-eun-ah, Su-ho-ya," We both look over at her in confusion, "Did you know that Seo-jun's nickname used to be Mr. Trickle?"

"Mr. Trickle?" Su-ho looks over at Seo-jun's blushing face.

"Yes, we called him that because he couldn't stop wetting his bed at night," Seo-jun blushes even harder.

"Why would you tell him that?" He frowns.

"You did so until you were 10," I laugh and Ms. Han smiles at me. "No, you wet your bed once or twice in fifth grade, as well," Seo-jun shakes his head aggressively and smiles.

"Stop it, eomma," What I would give to have that kind of relationship with my mom, I don't think my mom knows anything about my childhood, my nanny probably knows more.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about," Ms. Han comforts. "You and Su-ho are close enough to go to a sauna together," Su-ho stares at me awkwardly and I frown back, did she really not know? "How were you two involved in the same accident though? You rarely spend time together now as if you've had a falling out," Ms. Han looks between the uncomfortable looking pair, "Even when Su-ho came to visit me in the hospital, you told me not to tell Seo-jun, I found it odd back then too,"

"That's not it," Su-ho shakes his head and puts his chopsticks down. "So, how's your health?"

"Good, it's why I've been out and about,"

"Don't you have to get a job too?" Seo-jun asks.

"Alright, fine," Ms. Han picks up some more food on her spoon, "Here you go,' She holds it up to Seo-jun and Su-ho looks at the two of them sadly.

"Finish your food or you'll heal slower," I point at the food.

"It's too much,"

"You need energy,"

"Okay, eomma," He glares and I glare back and he grudgingly picks his chopsticks back up again and continues eating as I watch. Out of the corner of my eye I see Seo-jun glaring harshly at the two of us since his mom had left but I don't look again.