chapter 16

Asshole: 'I fucked up,'

Me: 'Urg, again, what'd u do this time?'

Asshole: 'It wasn't my fault this time! It was my dumb friends,'

Me: 'I swear to god if you made fun of her...'

Asshole: 'I didn't do it purposely!' I was actually going to murder him this time, why was he always messing with my perfect plans? I had everything set up properly, I told him what to do, how hard was it to follow some simple instructions? "Kang Soo-jin," The teacher's voice interrupts my thoughts. Oh shit, right, we're getting our tests back today, which means I'm getting ranked for the first time today. Last place, here I come! "Choi Ha-eun," I walked up and grabbed my test, I wasn't anticipating much, I already knew I was somewhere near the bottom, there's not much more that I needed to know. Yup, I was right (for the first time), I was 24th out of 25! You know what, at least I'm not dead last. Always find the light in the darkness. "Even the most beautiful flowers had to endure wind as they bloomed," The teacher started his spiel and everyone groaned and put their heads down. "So don't let your grades upset you too much," That's my life motto right there. If you care too much about your grades you'll get depressed so I gave up caring. But I probably have the flexibility to say that only because I'm rich, if I wasn't, I'd probably care more.

"Mr. Han, will you please stop?" Si-hyun begs.

"Why does it feel like I've endured a stronger wind than others?" Hyun-kyu stands up.

"It's okay to be upset," The teacher brushes it off, "I'm meeting with your parents to discuss your grades this week," My brother will probably get pissed at me like he did back in Chicago, he cares too much about my grades and my attendance record. I sigh and sit back when I hear Jjoo gasp at her phone.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"My mom's here, I'm so fucked," She groans and puts her head down. I pat her back comfortingly.

"Guys! I have big news!" Hyun-kyu comes running into the cafeteria at break. "Su-ho! Your dad's Lee Joo-hun?" There's shouts of surprise all throughout the cafeteria, "The other kids saw him in front of the teacher's office! You're incredible, Su-ho! My mom's a huge fan!" Su-ho stands up abruptly and leaves the cafeteria. "No wonder he's so handsome," Hyun-kyu adds as Su-ho walks away.

"KangSoo, did you know about this?" Soo-ah points accusingly at Soo-jin.

"Su-ho hates having people find out about his dad," Soo-jin shakes her head.

"No wonder he didn't tell anyone," Ju-kyung nods, almost like she was confirming with herself.

"Lee Joo-hun is the CEO of Move Entertainment," As in, the company Se-yeon was part of? "Doesn't that mean Su-ho is really rich? Ahh, I always wondered why he looked down on everyone, I get it now, be lives in a completely different world,"

"You're right," Ju-kyung nods and looks down. "He lives in a completely different world,"

"Wait, didn't Lee Joo-hun's wife die a long time ago...? Doesn't that mean Su-ho doesn't have a—"

"Hya!" Soo-jin interrupts Soo-ah, "Stop talking nonsense, just close your mouth and eat," Soo-ah pouts and gets back to her food.

"Fuck!" I hear a shout down the hallway, I peek my head down and see Seo-jun with his head against a wall in an empty hallway.

I walk up to him and pat his shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"That fucking asshole is here again,"

"Who?" Seo-jun just shakes his head. Ahh, Lee Joo-hun. "You wanna talk?" He shakes his head.