chapter 17

"Put the top slide on so the blood doesn't coagulate," The science teacher calls. I gag at the smell of blood, looking at blood always makes me want to throw up and then the vomit makes me want to throw up even more, throwing up is a habit I really need to get rid off. "First, we'll see if it changes color," Color? Why would blood change color? I'm actually gonna throw up if this blood turns green or something. "Then use the microscope to observe how the cells clump up," Ew, I don't wanna see cells clump up. I avoid looking at the blood at all costs. I look over at Jjoo to see her and Su-ho having an intense staring contest then my eyes drift off to Soo-ah who's giggling with Tae-hoon again. That makes me want to throw up more, love is gross (I'm saying this in a completely non-jealous, non-bias way). Soo-jin looks intently at the blood and scribbles notes down.

"Ha-eun, look at this," One of my classmates pointed into the microscope. I nod and look inside. The light red and dark red swirled together and it looked a lot like cheetah print but red, yeah, I'm never wearing cheetah print again.

The class ends and I walk out with Soo-ah and Soo-jin because Ju-kyung was called to help clean up with Su-ho. I sigh as, once again, Soo-jin and Soo-ah have left me. I walk down the stairs and notice Jjoo with her head down, I pat her back, "What's wrong?"

"I just embarrassed myself so bad,"

"It's probably not that bad," I comforted her. It probably was that bad, Jjoo was always embarrassing herself for some reason.

"It was," She groaned again.

"Tell me, I promise I won't laugh,"

"Promise?" She looks up and I nod, "I was walking out of the science classroom and my coat got stuck on a hook so I thought Su-ho grabbed me so I told him to let go but when I looked back my coat was just stuck," I'm very sorry to say, I laughed. I didn't just laugh, I cackled. And of course, I felt really bad but it was too funny not to laugh. I can just imagine it, Ju-kyung standing there talking to no one and Su-ho looking at her dumbfounded from inside the classroom. "You said you wouldn't laugh!"

"I'm sorry," I struggle to breath, "I didn't realize it was that funny!" She groans again and puts her head down, I pat her back still laughing my head off. As I was making my way back to class with Ju-kyung, Go-woon texted me, asking me to hang out and I responded with a very enthusiastic 'of course'.

✦•················•✦

"Thank you!" I say to Go-woon as she hands me my strawberry milkshake. I take a sip and exclaim, "It's so good! Thanks, Go-woon-ah,"

"I wanted to buy you something to repay your kindness but this isn't much, I wanted to buy you something better,"

"This is more than enough!" I laugh, "I didn't do much, anyway," She slams her fist into the table and I jump.

"'I was only washing away that dirty attitude of yours!'" She quotes and I grin, I did sound really cool when she said it like that, "Don't you remember? I'm really thankful for that day and the day at the festival," She smiles.

"I'm glad you're happy," I put my drink down, "Have they bullied you since that day?"

"They say things behind my back," She looks away a bit sadly, "They say I painted my face so I could sing," My blood boils, I hate those bitches, what are people's problems? Why's everyone so jealous all the time? Like get a life, "They say I've got nerve to show up without makeup."

"Are you okay with hearing all that?" I wince.

"If I hate my face just because they say that, I'd be agreeing that I'm a loser," I smile, she's honestly wiser than me. "So I'm gonna ignore than and live with the face I'm given,"