chapter 38

I walked into the hospital again, arm in arm with Jjoo when Seo-jun randomly appears again and walks up to the two of us, "Hiya," We both turn and frown in surprise at Seo-jun's random appearance, "You guys are back here again? You just can't stay away, can you?" He winks at me and I make a face of disgust, "You either, why're you always here?" He looks at Jjoo.

"What choice do I have when I can't call him?" She scoffs.

"Talk about devotion," He shakes his head.

"Oh, one of your casts is gone," She points at his hand.

"I got another X-ray and the doctor said it was going to be alright," He looked at his free arm.

"I'm glad, Su-ho should be getting better soon, too," She nods like she's assuring herself.

"Ya, did you know Su-ho has an older female cousin?"

"What?" Jjoo's eyes widen and I purse my lips to hide my laugh. "Yeah, yeah, of course," She nods quickly and walks away and I go to follow her but he grabs my arm.

"And where are you going?" He pulls me back towards him.

"To see Su-ho," He frowns and shakes his head.

"Why would you do that?"

"I'm not here to see you, idiot," I lie and try to push off him but his hold doesn't waver.

"Yes you are," I narrow my eyes at him but give up.

"Maybe so, but now that you're being narcissistic, I'm gonna go see Su-ho instead,"

"Sorry," He pouts and grabs my hand with his bandaged one. I shake my head and we both follow Jjoo down the hall and to their room. I see Jjoo standing in front of the room and looking inside without walking in and I knit my brows together before going and standing next to her and looking inside to see Su-ho and his dad talking. Su-ho grabs a plant and throws it, making glass splatter everywhere and I squeeze Seo-jun's hand and he squeezes back, looking troubled.

"Why did you do it?" Su-ho asks, "Se-yeon was my friend," Mr. Lee backs up at Su-ho's expression, "Why did you do it?" He shouts.

"I didn't know about Se-yeon's accident," Mr. Lee puts his head down in shame, "I let Director Oh take care of it, but I had no idea what he'd do. I would've stopped him if I knew, like you said, Se-yeon was your friend, so why would I have done that?"

"So you're blaming it all on Director Oh," Su-ho looks at him with flames in his eyes. "He did it to cover up your romance with that actress," Mr. Lee's eyes flicker across his son's face with fear and sadness, "Saying that you didn't know makes it all right? Do you honestly think you're not responsible? I..." He gulps down his tears, "Wasn't able to answer Se-yeon's last call. Thinking that it led to his suicide..." He takes a deep breath, "Has been haunting me all this time. But, you were the real reason all this happened. Why be afraid of some rumor with an actress? As if it was a big deal!" He shouts and the tears he's been keeping silently fall down his cheeks.

"I..." Mr. Lee gulps, "Didn't want you to be disappointed in me. You were already so distant and I was afraid the news would only drive you away, that's why I wanted to cover it up,"

"How can I be disappointed in a man I had no expectations for?" Su-ho deadpans, tears still silently rolling down his cheeks. "I already witnessed it... a long time ago. What you were doing the night eomma died," He clenches his teeth and his jaw pops.

"What?" Mr. Lee staggers. "You saw that?" Su-ho's face gets redder and he moves back a bit slowly, "Su-ho, back then..."

"Leave," Su-ho looks away from him and turns towards his bed, leaning down over his bed and clenching his chest over his heart, Mr. Lee starts walking towards him and tries placing a hand on his arm but Su-ho whips his own arm out and pushes him away, "Get out!" He gasps and falls over on his bed, breathing heavily and gasping for air.