chapter 33

I walk beside Jjoo with my arm hooked with hers and she tells me something she recently heard and Seo-jun does something on his phone. Jjoo looks at the floor laughing at something I said when she notices something, "Your shoelaces are untied," She points at Seo-jun's shoes.

"Whatever, I don't care,"

"You'll scrape your face if you trip," She says and stops and hits his arm, "Tie the already,"

"Why're you so worried? Are you scared I'll scratch my handsome face?" He smirks childishly and she sighs, "Everything looks cool when it's done by me," He smiles smugly and tries to start walking again.

"You're just as childish as my younger brother," She moves her bag to the side and crouches down to tie his shoes. I gulp down the pain in my heart as Seo-jun catches my eye and stares at me.

"You require a lot of care don't you?" She says as I tilt my head slightly, confused at Seo-jun's expression and gaze, he snaps out of it and shakes his head. She stands back up and he smiles as she walks away, he puts his foot up on a stone step and quickly unties his laces.

"Ya! Im Ju-kyung! They came untied again!" I snort, he's so immature, "Come back and tie them properly!" He chases after the two of us, limping with his untied foot in the air and Jjoo rolls her eyes.

Seo-jun and I wait outside as Jjoo goes and checks for Go-woon. "Will you stop being an idiot and tie your laces now?"

"I can't," He says, sticking his tongue out and making a face at me.

"You're so childish," I roll my eyes.

He picks his foot up and wiggles it, "Will you tie it for me?"

"Get Jjoo to do it," I huff.

"But you always do it for me,"

"You seemed to want Jjoo to do it for you instead,"

"It's just because she offered," He groans and shakes me, "I like it when you do it, you do it properly," I roll my eyes again and brush my hair behind my shoulders before leaning down and tying his laces and double knotting them, "There you go," I stand up again and he smiles, wiggling his foot a bit more.

"See, only you know how to do it properly," He grins and I just cross my arms and grumpily wait for Jjoo to come out of the store with Go-woon.

"Go-woon's not here," Jjoo walks out of the store.

"Really? She must've headed home early," He shrugs.

"You should've checked in advance," Jjoo nods understandingly. "Anyway, we'll get going, bye!" She starts walking away and I wave before following behind her quickly.

"Are you just getting home?" Ms. Hong's voice calls to Jjoo, "Seo-jun-ah!" She exclaimed when she noticed him.

"Oh, hello," He smiles and bows to her, Jjoo runs up to her and tries to drag her away.

"You two must've gotten closer!" She grins excitedly.

"I've been looking after her in school," He waves her off. Sure you have, totally not like you were the one tormenting her in the first place.

"Since when?" Jjoo scoffs.

"Have you had dinner? We made dumplings, have some and take some home to your mom," She shakes his arm.

"Why would you invite him for dinner?" Jjoo groans. "Just get going, let's go, eomma," She tries dragging her mom away but her mom slaps her arm away.

"Why's that?" Seo-jun asks and puts his arm around Ms. Hong and smiles at her, "Ms. Hong, shall we?" Ms. Hong nods excitedly and turns around and gasps when she notices me. She runs up to me and squishes my cheeks.