chapter 35

"Han Seo-jun!" I shout after the departing motorcycle but he obviously can't hear me. What the actual fuck just happened? I crouch down and hug my knees, putting my head in my hands before pulling out my phone and hovering over the text button, I wanna tell him. But what if I'm a rebound for Jjoo? What if he doesn't actually like me but he's just upset Jjoo rejected him so I'm just the next best thing? What if I'm the second option?

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see In-su crouching beside me worriedly, "Are you alright?" He asks and I shake my head and tears start to stream out of my eyes. Do I know why I'm crying? No, not at all, I seem to just cry at the most random times for no reason whatsoever. In-su gulps and gathers me into a light hug, patting my back. I know I don't like In-su, I think I always knew that somewhere in the back of my head, he's an amazing friend, amazing person, so funny, so sweet, he's good-looking, I don't know why I can't like him, he's what I always wanted when I was a kid, a prince charming who cares and listens and wants to be around me. Then why can't I like him? I wipe my eyes and back away, sniffling. "What happened?" I open my mouth and then close it again, hesitating, "Do you not want to talk about it?" I sigh and bite my bottom lip, do I want to talk about it?

"I don't know, In-su-ya," I whisper.

"I'm right here when you wanna talk,"

"Thank you, you're one of my best friends," He smiles sadly and nods.

"I know," He gives me one last wink before standing up and holding his hand out to me, I dip my fingers into his palm and he pulls me up. "You want me to drive you home?" I nod and we walk back to the car in uncomfortable silence. In-su drops me off in front of my house and I wave him good-bye and he gives me one last sad look before driving away. I sigh and sit on the curb, resting my chin in my hand. Another car pulls up and my brother exits the taxi and almost walks past me before he stops, frowns and looks at me.

"What're you doing out here?"

"Just thinking,"

"Think inside," He laughs and grabs my hand and pulls me into our apartment. I walked through the huge penthouse and up the stairs into my room. My brother seemed to have sensed something wrong but he decided to ignore it and give me my personal space. Of course, I'm grateful for that but I wish I had someone to tell, someone who would give me advice on what to do in a situation like this. I sigh and flop into my bed and close my eyes. When in doubt, take a nap.

✦•················•✦

I wake up and stretch my arms out, my eyes still feel heavy, probably from the makeup I forgot to remove, I'm gonna break out so bad. I open my phone and see a missed call from Jjoo, I click the notification and Jjoo answers after barely one ring. "Eun-ah, guess what?" She says urgently.

"What?" I yawn.

"Did you sleep again?"

"Maybe?" I laugh.

"You actually have a problem," I hear her laugh through the phone, "Anyway, I have big news,"

"What?" I ask excitedly.

"I told Soo-jin!"

"What?" I gasp, "What'd she say?"

"She was so understanding, she said it was nothing and we shouldn't ruin our friendship over that,"

"I told you!" I empathise, "Soo-jin's not like that, she's super understanding,"

"True, even when she saw my bare face she didn't say anything,"

"Mhm," Her sentence sits with me, "What?"

"Did I not tell you?"

"No, idiot," I laugh.